inet_interfaces problem

PG-12
Hello All

I am quite new to Linux in general as well as to Postifix.  I am
seeing this error in my Postfix mail log:
postfix: fatal: bad string length 0 < 1: inet_interfaces =

My server is running SLES9.  My Postfix version is 2.1.1  Postfix will
not start at all.  The server has an onboard nic card which has an IP
assigned to it but I am not using it.  I have an additional nic card
with a different IP.  This nic card has 21 aliases assigned to it all
on different port numbers.

I can give more details.  Can someone give me suggestions what to
troubleshoot for this error?

Thank you.
Peter

Re: inet_interfaces problem

Wietse Venema
PG:

> Hello All
>
> I am quite new to Linux in general as well as to Postifix.  I am
> seeing this error in my Postfix mail log:
> postfix: fatal: bad string length 0 < 1: inet_interfaces =
>
> My server is running SLES9.  My Postfix version is 2.1.1  Postfix will
> not start at all.  The server has an onboard nic card which has an IP
> assigned to it but I am not using it.  I have an additional nic card
> with a different IP.  This nic card has 21 aliases assigned to it all
> on different port numbers.
>
> I can give more details.  Can someone give me suggestions what to
> troubleshoot for this error?

Perhaps the mailing list welcome message?

Thank you for using Postfix.

Re: inet_interfaces problem

Евгений Шишкин

2008/6/4, Wietse Venema <[hidden email]>:
PG:

> Hello All
>
> I am quite new to Linux in general as well as to Postifix.  I am
> seeing this error in my Postfix mail log:
> postfix: fatal: bad string length 0 < 1: inet_interfaces =
>
> My server is running SLES9.  My Postfix version is 2.1.1  Postfix will
> not start at all.  The server has an onboard nic card which has an IP
> assigned to it but I am not using it.  I have an additional nic card
> with a different IP.  This nic card has 21 aliases assigned to it all
> on different port numbers.
>
> I can give more details.  Can someone give me suggestions what to
> troubleshoot for this error?

You must assign which network interface to bind on.

--
Евгений Шишкин
Aphora Group