keeping a copy of a users mail

Brian P. Carroll

Heya All,

 We have a user whose mail needs to be copied and cached, i.e. we need every mail he sends/receives to be cached in another mailbox. So even if he deletes something from his Inbox we have a copy of it in a ‘cache’ account. Is this possible from within Postfix? If so, please point me in the direction I need to go.

Regards and TIA,

Brian Carroll

Re: keeping a copy of a users mail

mouss-2
Brian P. Carroll wrote:
> Heya All,
>

>  We have a user whose mail needs to be copied and cached, i.e. we need
> every mail he sends/receives to be cached in another mailbox. So even if
> he deletes something from his Inbox we have a copy of it in a 'cache'
> account. Is this possible from within Postfix? If so, please point me in
> the direction I need to go.

postfix has many features, including
        always_bcc
        recipient_bcc_maps
        sender_bcc_maps
and see if that can make you happy.

othewise, you can copy mail at delivery time. but you didn't tell us how
you deliver mail...

Re: keeping a copy of a users mail

James-368
Brian P. Carroll wrote:

> Heya All,
>
> We have a user whose mail needs to be copied and cached, i.e. we need
> every mail he sends/receives to be cached in another mailbox. So even
> if he deletes something from his Inbox we have a copy of it in a
> ‘cache’ account. Is this possible from within Postfix? If so, please
> point me in the direction I need to go.
>
> Regards and TIA,
>
> Brian Carroll

Would a .forward file work?