laptops and postfix.

blue_cowdawg

Re: laptops and postfix.

Victor Duchovni
On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 03:40:18PM -0400, Peter L. Berghold wrote:

> I'm sure there is something somewhere that explains how to do this.
>
> I am looking to set up postfix on my laptop such that when it has
> connectivity to my mail server it will send out email that has been
> queued on it and just hold it (without expiring it) in the queue if it
> can't contact the mail server.
>
> Am I nuts or has this been done before? (I'm sure someone's done it...)

If you connect at least once every 100 days:

    maximal_queue_lifetime = 100d
    bounce_queue_lifetime = 100d

this is the compiled-in limit, if it is too short, you need to change
the code and recompile...

When you do connect, flush the queue if you are not going to be connected
for very long (the default maximal_backoff_time is 4000s).