latest postfix pkgs for Fedora32 ?

PGNet Dev
i typically build my own postfix. simple, and atm happily running 3.5.3 stable.

i'm _considering_ distro package deployment, specifically looking for F32 packages.

afaict, what's available in official F32 repos is Postfix v3.5.2 -- with v3.5.3 still in 'updates'testing'.

since released on 6/14, it seems a bit long for up-to-date pkg'ing to appear; is there another reliable source for Fedora Postfix packages?

or is updates-testing/updates 'it', and just a matter of waiting til whenever -- or sticking with DIY?

Re: latest postfix pkgs for Fedora32 ?

Viktor Dukhovni
On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 12:32:32PM -0700, PGNet Dev wrote:

> I typically build my own postfix. simple, and atm happily running 3.5.3 stable.
>
> I'm _considering_ distro package deployment, specifically looking for F32 packages.
>
> AFAICT, what's available in official F32 repos is Postfix v3.5.2 --
> with v3.5.3 still in 'updates'testing'.
>
> Since released on 6/14, it seems a bit long for up-to-date pkg'ing to
> appear; is there another reliable source for Fedora Postfix packages?

Impatient we are...

> Or is updates-testing/updates 'it', and just a matter of waiting til
> whenever -- or sticking with DIY?

The 3.5.4 release is imminent.  No matter which you choose, there'll
always be a time when you're not running the latest greatest.  So don't
sweat the small stuff.  If you're on the right major version, a few
weeks of delay for a non-emergency patch don't warrant doing your own
builds.

You can of course do your own builds, but this makes most sense when the
base OS offers something that's multiple major releases back.  E.g.
you're running Debian "stretch", where the bundled Postfix is 3.1.

Re: latest postfix pkgs for Fedora32 ?

PGNet Dev
> impatient

not in the slightest.

i'm happy with the version I run, and prefer consistency.

just asked where currently up-to-date packages for Fedora32 can be found, if at all.

some distros have it; Fedora seems not to.

thx, tho.