limit connections

natan
Hi
I have a problem with one e-mail hosting and I need to slowly him

example:
That's hosting send to my users e-mail (normal e-mail, not spam,
sometimes mailing) but sometimes user not exists (because user was
deleted) or user have quota - my server (Mailer-daemon) sends returns -
and external hosting limit incomming e-mail per IP

I can limit the number of e-mails sent to them with:
onet_destination_concurrency_limit = 10
onet_destination_rate_delay = 1s

I thinking about limit incomming e-mail from thats domain or ip - and if
the limit is exceeded, they will get 4xx information about exceeding the
limit

Re: limit connections

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 06.11.20 11:45, natan wrote:

>I have a problem with one e-mail hosting and I need to slowly him
>
>example:
>That's hosting send to my users e-mail (normal e-mail, not spam,
>sometimes mailing) but sometimes user not exists (because user was
>deleted) or user have quota - my server (Mailer-daemon) sends returns -
>and external hosting limit incomming e-mail per IP
>
>I can limit the number of e-mails sent to them with:
>onet_destination_concurrency_limit = 10
>onet_destination_rate_delay = 1s
>
>I thinking about limit incomming e-mail from thats domain or ip - and if
>the limit is exceeded, they will get 4xx information about exceeding the
>limit

So, are your sending mail to them or receiving mail from them?

The 3 biggets disasters: Hiroshima 45, Tschernobyl 86, Windows 95

Re: limit connections

natan:
> That's hosting send to my users e-mail (normal e-mail, not spam,
> sometimes mailing) but sometimes user not exists (because user was
> deleted)

That is a configuration mistake. Postfix should not receive mail
for a deleted user.

> or user have quota

There are policy plugins or other solutions to block mail for
over-quota users, depending on what mail delivery method you use.

> - my server (Mailer-daemon) sends returns -
> and external hosting limit incomming e-mail per IP

So this is only a problem with sending MAILER-DAEMON messages?

Please fix your Postfix configuration to not receive mail for a
deleted or over-quota user.

Re: limit connections

mami64
On 06.11.2020 13:48, Wietse Venema wrote:

Wietse
> That is a configuration mistake. Postfix should not receive mail
> for a deleted user.
maybe you dont understand me I mean this example:

<[hidden email]>: host spike.porcxxxxx.org[xxx.xxx.189.2] said: 550
    5.1.1 <[hidden email]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown
I send e-mail to user and I send to Your server

And let's assume I do not accept this information and limit it, for example, by 10 per hour....

>> or user have quota
> There are policy plugins or other solutions to block mail for
> over-quota users, depending on what mail delivery method you use.
>
>> - my server (Mailer-daemon) sends returns -
>> and external hosting limit incomming e-mail per IP
> So this is only a problem with sending MAILER-DAEMON messages?
>
> Please fix your Postfix configuration to not receive mail for a
> deleted or over-quota user.
>
> Wietse

Re: limit connections

Wietse Venema
natan maciej milaszewski:

> On 06.11.2020 13:48, Wietse Venema wrote:
>
> Wietse
> > That is a configuration mistake. Postfix should not receive mail
> > for a deleted user.
> maybe you dont understand me I mean this example:
>
> <[hidden email]>: host spike.porcxxxxx.org[xxx.xxx.189.2] said: 550
>     5.1.1 <[hidden email]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown
> I send e-mail to user and I send to Your server

Why is YOUR SERVER sending email to NONEXISTENT USER?

Re: limit connections

natan maciej milaszewski:

> On 06.11.2020 16:16, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > natan maciej milaszewski:
> >> On 06.11.2020 13:48, Wietse Venema wrote:
> >>
> >> Wietse
> >> maybe you dont understand me I mean this example:
> >>
> >> <[hidden email]>: host spike.porcxxxxx.org[xxx.xxx.189.2] said: 550
> >>     5.1.1 <[hidden email]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown
> >> I send e-mail to user and I send to Your server
> because user who have send e-mail to [hidden email] was wrong and
> send e-mail to [hidden email]

Again, why is your server sending email to a non-existent address?

Re: limit connections

natan maciej milaszewski:
> This is what I mean by sending an e-mail to the not exists user
> Because people can make a mistake when entering a postal address in the
> mail client

Why is your Postfix server SENDING too many MAILER-DAEMON messages?

Thank you for your interest in Postfix. Although I wrote a large
part of the software, my personal email is not the point of contact
for support or questions.

- Information about Postfix is at http://www.postfix.org/

- Send questions about Postfix to [hidden email]
To subscribe, see: http://www.postfix.org/lists.html

Re: limit connections

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
>On 06.11.20 11:45, natan wrote:
>>I have a problem with one e-mail hosting and I need to slowly him
>>
>>example:
>>That's hosting send to my users e-mail (normal e-mail, not spam,
>>sometimes mailing) but sometimes user not exists (because user was
>>deleted) or user have quota - my server (Mailer-daemon) sends returns -
>>and external hosting limit incomming e-mail per IP
>>
>>I can limit the number of e-mails sent to them with:
>>onet_destination_concurrency_limit = 10
>>onet_destination_rate_delay = 1s
>>
>>I thinking about limit incomming e-mail from thats domain or ip - and if
>>the limit is exceeded, they will get 4xx information about exceeding the
>>limit

once again:

On 06.11.20 12:08, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>So, are your sending mail to them or receiving mail from them?

who is sending mail where? Apparently you receive lots of e-mail from/to
nonexistent users, you should configure smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender
and maybe address verification
http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html

(R)etry, (A)bort, (C)ancer