limit rate for everybody except one client

limit rate for everybody except one client

ml@sd2i.com
We have the following in main.cf

smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 15
smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit = 15
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 15

=> we have a customer who send via our smtp from its windows server,
he use direct smtp (no smtp server on the windows box). That windows
box monitor an automate and may send alert status by mail at higher
rate (up to 5 msg/s) but we don't want to increase the standard rate.
Alerts goes all the time to a single recipient, if this can help.

I wonder if adding a specific smtpd on a dedicated public ip with 3
lines -o smtpd_client_*_rate_limit= in master.cf would be the right
way to solve such issue ? Or is there some per-client rate limits
possibilities i.e. using a map ?

Thanks.

Re: limit rate for everybody except one client

Ashay Chitnis
Hi,

Can you check if adding that particular client's IP address in mynetworks of main.cf will resolve your issue.
e.g.
mynetworks = 127.0.0.1/32, X.X.X.X/32

regards,
Ashay.

regards,

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 7:47 PM, ML <[hidden email]> wrote:
We have the following in main.cf

smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 15
smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit = 15
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 15

=> we have a customer who send via our smtp from its windows server, he use direct smtp (no smtp server on the windows box). That windows box monitor an automate and may send alert status by mail at higher rate (up to 5 msg/s) but we don't want to increase the standard rate. Alerts goes all the time to a single recipient, if this can help.

I wonder if adding a specific smtpd on a dedicated public ip with 3 lines -o smtpd_client_*_rate_limit= in master.cf would be the right way to solve such issue ? Or is there some per-client rate limits possibilities i.e. using a map ?

Thanks.

Re: limit rate for everybody except one client

kemas henry

Ashay Chitnis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you check if adding that particular client's IP address in
> mynetworks of main.cf <http://main.cf> will resolve your issue.
> e.g.
> mynetworks = 127.0.0.1/32 <http://127.0.0.1/32>, X.X.X.X/32
>
> regards,
> Ashay.
>

> regards,

Try smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions =
that's why I love postfix