limiting connections to a single host

Zsombor B
Hi,

I have to relay mails to a mail gateway that often rejects connections
because we are too pushy.
The admin of that service suggested us to open X connections and send
Y messages per connection.

How can I set this up either for one specific destination or to all?

Thanks in advance,
Zsombor

Re: limiting connections to a single host

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 05.11.20 14:12, Zsombor B wrote:
>I have to relay mails to a mail gateway that often rejects connections
>because we are too pushy.
>The admin of that service suggested us to open X connections and send
>Y messages per connection.
>
>How can I set this up either for one specific destination or to all?

you can configure smtp_destination_concurrenty_limit to lower number, that
will change it globally, or create new transport in master.cf, that will
use "smtp" client, configure transport for that gateway to the newly defined
destination, and configure the _destination_concurrenty_limit for that
destination to required limit.

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.

RE: limiting connections to a single host

angelo
Maybe this section of the docs is what you are trying to accomplish ?
http://www.postfix.org/TUNING_README.html#rope

-ANGELO FAZZINA

[hidden email]
University of Connecticut,  ITS, SSG, Server Systems
860-486-9075

Zsombor

Re: limiting connections to a single host

Zsombor B
Thanks All,

I'll take a look.

Zsombor

Idézet ("Fazzina, Angelo" <[hidden email]>):