limits

polloxx
Dear group,

We want to limit the number of mails a given IP address can send per
time unit (outbound).
What do you use to resolve this with a postfix server?
We want a flexible method were we can set the number of allowed mails
per time unit per IP address (in a SQL datbase).

Thx
P.

Re: limits

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães

polloxx escreveu:
> Dear group,
>
> We want to limit the number of mails a given IP address can send per
> time unit (outbound).
> What do you use to resolve this with a postfix server?
> We want a flexible method were we can set the number of allowed mails
> per time unit per IP address (in a SQL datbase).

    postfix cant do that alone. you'll need some policy server for that
task. I would suggest policyd. It allows you to define throttling based
on IP address and even on SASL-authenticated username. Data is stored in
a MySQL database who can be managed with the web interface that comes
with it or you can develop your own interface, even using the standard
one as a template.

http://www.policyd.org/

--

        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues

        My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

Re: limits

polloxx
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> polloxx escreveu:
>>
>> Dear group,
>>
>> We want to limit the number of mails a given IP address can send per
>> time unit (outbound).
>> What do you use to resolve this with a postfix server?
>> We want a flexible method were we can set the number of allowed mails
>> per time unit per IP address (in a SQL datbase).
>>

>   postfix cant do that alone. you'll need some policy server for that task.
> I would suggest policyd. It allows you to define throttling based on IP
> address and even on SASL-authenticated username. Data is stored in a MySQL
> database who can be managed with the web interface that comes with it or you
> can develop your own interface, even using the standard one as a template.
>
> http://www.policyd.org/

Thanks,
P.