lost connection while sending end of data

lost connection while sending end of data

Christos Chatzaras
I use dovecot lmtp, dovecot quota plugin and postfix.

When I send e-mail to 2 recipients (or more) at the same time and if one of them is over quota (or under quota and the message I send is bigger than his free space) mailq shows:

-Queue ID-  --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
20B03336F22    26099 Thu Apr 19 18:02:47  [hidden email]
(lost connection with server25.example.org[private/dovecot-lmtp] while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once)

E-mails sent from the same domain on same server so it's a local delivery.

If I send the e-mail to the over quota user ( only him on To: ) then I get a bounce that says that user is over quota which is the correct behaviour.

By changing the postfix main.cf setting from the default:

default_destination_recipient_limit = 50

to:

default_destination_recipient_limit = 1

it solves the issue.

Is this a known bug?

Re: lost connection while sending end of data

Wietse Venema
Christos Chatzaras:

> I use dovecot lmtp, dovecot quota plugin and postfix.
>
> When I send e-mail to 2 recipients (or more) at the same time and if one of them is over quota (or under quota and the message I send is bigger than his free space) mailq shows:
>
> -Queue ID-  --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
> 20B03336F22    26099 Thu Apr 19 18:02:47  [hidden email]
> (lost connection with server25.example.org[private/dovecot-lmtp] while sending end of data -- message may be sent more than once)
>                                         [hidden email]
>                                         [hidden email]
>
> E-mails sent from the same domain on same server so it's a local delivery.
>
> If I send the e-mail to the over quota user ( only him on To: ) then I get a bounce that says that user is over quota which is the correct behaviour.
>
> By changing the postfix main.cf setting from the default:
>
> default_destination_recipient_limit = 50
>
> to:
>
> default_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>
> it solves the issue.
>
> Is this a known bug?

Please see the instructions in the mailing list welcome message.

        Wietse