mailing list via ldap without virtual domains

mailing list via ldap without virtual domains

Stelios A.-2
Hello all,

I have postfix(version 2.5.5-1) running on latest Ubuntu server (8.10)
along with an OpenLDAP server.
I have't setup virtual domain and all users have a normal directory
(with Maildir support) at /home/

The only relevant information how to query and build a mailing list
with Postfix that I've found is at
http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#config which doesn't help me a
lot as I don't have virtual domain setup in place.
Can anyone point me somewhere to read about how to achieve this?

Thanks a lot

Re: mailing list via ldap without virtual domains

Brian Evans - Postfix List
Stelios A. wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have postfix(version 2.5.5-1) running on latest Ubuntu server (8.10)
> along with an OpenLDAP server.
> I have't setup virtual domain and all users have a normal directory
> (with Maildir support) at /home/
>
> The only relevant information how to query and build a mailing list
> with Postfix that I've found is at
> http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#config which doesn't help me a
> lot as I don't have virtual domain setup in place.
> Can anyone point me somewhere to read about how to achieve this?
>
> Thanks a lot

Why not do something like
http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html#example_group ?

It does not require any virtual (alias|mailbox) domains.
Just because you see FQDN does not mean it is virtual.

Brian