masquerade_domains map?

Marco-2
Hello Postfix users,

  while "masquerade_exceptions" supports "type:table" patterns,
"masquerade_domains" supports only a static list of domain names in main.cf.

http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade

For me, it could be useful to manage also these domains in a file,
mysql, tcp or ldap... It should be nice if a future release of Postfix
could support "type:table" on "masquerade_domains".

Thank you very much
Marco

Re: masquerade_domains map?

Wietse Venema
Marco:

> Hello Postfix users,
>
>   while "masquerade_exceptions" supports "type:table" patterns,
> "masquerade_domains" supports only a static list of domain names in main.cf.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
>

> For me, it could be useful to manage also these domains in a file,
> mysql, tcp or ldap... It should be nice if a future release of Postfix
> could support "type:table" on "masquerade_domains".

This is an example from the postconf(5) manpage:

    masquerade_domains = !foo.example.com example.com

And here is an example from several other Postfix features:

    Specify a list of [things], "/file/name" or "type:table" patterns,
    separated by commas and/or whitespace. The list is matched left to
    right, and the search stops on the first match. A "/file/name" pattern
    is replaced by its contents; a "type:table" lookup table is matched
    when a name matches a lookup key (the lookup result is ignored). Con-
    tinue long lines by starting the next line with whitespace. Specify
    "!pattern" to exclude a name from the list.

Would that work for you?

Re: masquerade_domains map?

Marco-2
On 15/06/2018 12:58 CEST, Wietse Venema wrote:
[...]

> And here is an example from several other Postfix features:
>
>      Specify a list of [things], "/file/name" or "type:table" patterns,
>      separated by commas and/or whitespace. The list is matched left to
>      right, and the search stops on the first match. A "/file/name" pattern
>      is replaced by its contents; a "type:table" lookup table is matched
>      when a name matches a lookup key (the lookup result is ignored). Con-
>      tinue long lines by starting the next line with whitespace. Specify
>      "!pattern" to exclude a name from the list.
>
> Would that work for you?

Yes, of course.
Many thanks for considering this.

   Marco