message_size_limit - how to configure on multiple instances ?

message_size_limit - how to configure on multiple instances ?

Zalezny Niezalezny
Hi,

I have a serious Problem. On my server I have 2 postfix instances.

On the master instance I have changed message size limit from 10Mb to 30Mb.
Unfortuantely postconf shows still 10MB. How may I change this?

Postfix instances on my server:

[root@unixserver5 opt]# postmulti -l
-               massmailing     y         /etc/postfix
postfix-mail massmailing     y         /etc/postfix-mail

This is configured in /etc/postfix/main.cf

[root@unixsmtp05 opt]# cat /etc/postfix/main.cf | grep ^messag
message_size_limit = 30720000
[root@unixsmtp05 opt]#

Postconf still keeping default configuration. How to change message size globaly on all instances ?

[root@unixserver5 opt]# postconf -d | grep message
message_reject_characters =
postconf: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support: Address family not supported by protocol
message_size_limit = 10240000
message_strip_characters =
qmgr_message_active_limit = 20000
qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
qmgr_message_recipient_minimum = 10
smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 0

Please help me.

With kind regards

Zalezny

Re: message_size_limit - how to configure on multiple instances ?

Wietse Venema
postconf -c /path/to/config/dir message_size_limit

Re: message_size_limit - how to configure on multiple instances ?

> On Mar 30, 2017, at 12:35 PM, Zalezny Niezalezny <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> # postconf -d | grep message

The "postconf -d" command returns compiled-in defaults.
For your actual settings, try "postconf", either with
no options or as "postconf -n" for just non-default
settings.  See postconf(1) for details.

Re: message_size_limit - how to configure on multiple instances ?

Zalezny Niezalezny
thank You all :)))))