message_size_limit

Grant-4
Is message_size_limit still valid?  All of the references I can find
to it online are very old.  Is there another postfix directive I
should use to set the maximum upload size for roundcube?

- Grant

Re: message_size_limit

Noel Jones-2
On 2/13/2014 7:58 PM, Grant wrote:
> Is message_size_limit still valid?  All of the references I can find
> to it online are very old.  Is there another postfix directive I
> should use to set the maximum upload size for roundcube?
>
> - Grant

Yes, it's still valid.  That feature hasn't changed in a long time
so it doesn't get much discussion, but it still works just fine.

Re: message_size_limit

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 05:58:20PM -0800, Grant wrote:

> Is message_size_limit still valid?  All of the references I can find
> to it online are very old.  Is there another postfix directive I
> should use to set the maximum upload size for roundcube?

Postfix configuration parameters don't capriciously disappear.  If
they are obsoleted, they become the basis for the default settings
of any new improved parameters.

The definitive status of each setting can be found at:

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#<parameter_name>

in your case:

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#message_size_limit

The oldest Postfix release I have in my git repo is postfix-beta-19990122.
Not surprisingly, this parameter was already present.  Wietse likely
has older postfix sources somewhere, but it is hard to imagine an
MTA without a message size limit parameter, so this probably goes
back to the very first alpha release.

Re: message_size_limit

Grant-4
>> Is message_size_limit still valid?  All of the references I can find
>> to it online are very old.  Is there another postfix directive I
>> should use to set the maximum upload size for roundcube?
>
> Postfix configuration parameters don't capriciously disappear.  If
> they are obsoleted, they become the basis for the default settings
> of any new improved parameters.
>
> The definitive status of each setting can be found at:
>
>         http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#<parameter_name>
>
> in your case:
>
>         http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#message_size_limit
>
> The oldest Postfix release I have in my git repo is postfix-beta-19990122.
> Not surprisingly, this parameter was already present.  Wietse likely
> has older postfix sources somewhere, but it is hard to imagine an
> MTA without a message size limit parameter, so this probably goes
> back to the very first alpha release.

Got it, thank you.

- Grant