milters not stoping processing when DISCARD is issued

milters not stoping processing when DISCARD is issued

iggiebee
I have configured postfix with the following milters, clamav-milter,
spamass-milter, and milter-greylist, in that order.

The milters are configured to issue a DISCARD instead of reject with a 550
code, but I am noticing in the mail logs that the discarded messages
continue being processed by subsequent milters, and not outright stopping
processing as it happens when a 550 is issued (messages are not passed to
remaing milters for processing)

For example a message containg a virus is discarded by the first milter in
line, in this case clamav-milter, postfix logs the DISACARD appropriately
but contines passing the message down to the other milters.

Is there a way to have postfix simply stop processing after the first
DISCARD is received?

Thanks,

Ignacio

Re: milters not stoping processing when DISCARD is issued

Wietse Venema
[hidden email]:
> I have configured postfix with the following milters, clamav-milter,
> spamass-milter, and milter-greylist, in that order.
>
> The milters are configured to issue a DISCARD instead of reject with a 550
> code, but I am noticing in the mail logs that the discarded messages
> continue being processed by subsequent milters, and not outright stopping
> processing as it happens when a 550 is issued (messages are not passed to
> remaing milters for processing)

Evidence, please?

        Wietse