modify "User unknown" message

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

modify "User unknown" message

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
Hello,

can anyone advise me, what's the easiest way to modify error message:
"User unknown in local recipient table"
if we use:
- virtual aliases
- aliases
- password file?

remote senders don't understand the message too often.

Thanks
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [hidden email] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
A day without sunshine is like, night.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modify "User unknown" message

Ralph Seichter-2
* Matus UHLAR:

> remote senders don't understand the message too often.

Using "show_user_unknown_table_name = no" will hide the table name.
That might reduce some of the confusion.

-Ralph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modify "User unknown" message

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
>* Matus UHLAR:
>> remote senders don't understand the message too often.

On 30.03.20 14:55, Ralph Seichter wrote:
>Using "show_user_unknown_table_name = no" will hide the table name.
>That might reduce some of the confusion.

I'd prefer to add short translation of the default message.
yes, the table name is not important.

maybe append some catch-all reject to local_recipient_maps could help?
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [hidden email] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
"Two words: Windows survives." - Craig Mundie, Microsoft senior strategist
"So does syphillis. Good thing we have penicillin." - Matthew Alton
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modify "User unknown" message

Noel Jones-2
On 3/30/2020 8:18 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

>> * Matus UHLAR:
>>> remote senders don't understand the message too often.
>
> On 30.03.20 14:55, Ralph Seichter wrote:
>> Using "show_user_unknown_table_name = no" will hide the table name.
>> That might reduce some of the confusion.
>
> I'd prefer to add short translation of the default message.
> yes, the table name is not important.
>
> maybe append some catch-all reject to local_recipient_maps could help?


This is what
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_reject_footer is for.
Add additional text or point to a web page with further explanation.


   -- Noel Jones
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modify "User unknown" message

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
>On 3/30/2020 8:18 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>>* Matus UHLAR:
>>>>remote senders don't understand the message too often.
>>
>>On 30.03.20 14:55, Ralph Seichter wrote:
>>>Using "show_user_unknown_table_name = no" will hide the table name.
>>>That might reduce some of the confusion.
>>
>>I'd prefer to add short translation of the default message.
>>yes, the table name is not important.
>>
>>maybe append some catch-all reject to local_recipient_maps could help?

On 30.03.20 12:00, Noel Jones wrote:
>This is what
>http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_reject_footer is for. Add
>additional text or point to a web page with further explanation.

I have looked at smtpd_reject_footer, but
I would prefer only to add text for non-existing users :)

But it looks like smtpd_reject_footer_maps, indexed by the error message in
pcre table.


--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [hidden email] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address.
Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT akukolvek reklamnu postu.
"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]