noobie configuration problem

S McGraw
I want what must be a very common mail arrangement that I can seem to
make work...

I have a local network with a "fake" domain name (.home) with several
machines, each with postfix.  I want any machine, say x.home, to be able
to send to any other other machine, say y.home, directly.  Any mail
not addressed to a .home machine (and not for local delivery) I want
to go my gmail relayhost.

The problem is that .home mail goes to the relay host rather than the
intended machine.

Here are the salient parts (I think) of my main.cf:

  compatibility_level = 2
  myhostname = ubtest.home
  mydomain = home
  myorigin = validdomain.com
  mydestination = $myhostname $mydomain localhost.$mydomain localhost
  mynetworks = 10.10.1.0/24 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128
  relayhost = smtp:[smtp.gmail.com]:587

  [Postfix-3.1.4, ubuntu-17.04]

One thing I wonder about... In:
  http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
(section "My own domain name") it says, "By default, it [$mydomain] is
derived from $myhostname by stripping off the first part (unless the
result would be a top-level domain).  Is that part in parenthesis the
source of my problem?  That is, I have a single-level domain name.  I
didn't think so because I explicitly specify both $myhostname and
$mydomain.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: noobie configuration problem

akuchkartay
Take a look at:
http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html
http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Postfix-Relayhost-exemptions-td43587.html

Anvar Kuchkartaev
[hidden email]

Re: noobie configuration problem

S McGraw
I had glanced at the transport(5) man page previously but when I saw
the "nexthop" notations, presumed I could only specify a single machine
there.  I see now I was wrong.  Thanks and thanks also to Raimund Sacherer.