one problem about sending email

Li, Jilong (MU-Student)
Hello,

Hope that you could give me some instructions and advice. Thank you very much!

Problem:

I run postfix on sysbio.rnet.missouri.edu (Red hat 4.1.2-50). I create a mailing list named [hidden email].
After subscribing to this list, I receive the confirmed and welcome email. I send a message to this list.
About one day after sending, I receive an email (as follows):

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
[hidden email]
The server has tried to deliver this message, without success, and has stopped
trying. Please try sending this message again. If the problem continues,
contact your helpdesk.

Output from "postconf -n":

alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases,hash:/data/mailman/data/aliases
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
html_directory = no
inet_interfaces = localhost
mail_owner = postfix
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
mydestination = $myhostname,localhost.$mydomain, localhost
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.3.3/README_FILES
recipient_delimiter = +
sample_directory =/usr/share/doc/postfix-2.3.3/samples
setgid_group = postdrop
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

The attached file is the master file of Postfix.

master.cf (5K) Download Attachment

Re: one problem about sending email

Wietse Venema
Li, Jilong (MU-Student):
> Hello,

Hope that you could give me some instructions and advice. Thank you very much!

Problem:

I run postfix on sysbio.rnet.missouri.edu (Red hat 4.1.2-50). I create a mailing list named [hidden email].
After subscribing to this list, I receive the confirmed and welcome email. I send a message to this list.
About one day after sending, I receive an email (as follows):

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
[hidden email]
The server has tried to deliver this message, without success, and has stopped
trying. Please try sending this message again. If the problem continues,
contact your helpdesk.

That is not a postfix error message. Please to not blame the
messenger (Postfix) for bad news from some other  mail system.

        Wietse