open relay

Muzaffer Tolga Özses
Hi,

Somehow, my e-mail to mail providers like gmail fall into Junk folder. I
was told that this could be the result of open relay. Is this true? If
yes, how do I prevent it? Below is my postconf -n output:

command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.3.5/html
mail_owner = postfix
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost, ftugrul.com
mydomain = ozses.net
myhostname = ozses.net
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.3.5/readme
sample_directory = /etc/postfix
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = postdrop
smtpd_client_restrictions = reject_unlisted_sender,
permit_mynetworks,    reject_unauth_destination
reject_non_fqdn_recipient    reject_non_fqdn_sender
reject_unauth_pipelining    reject_unknown_recipient_domain
reject_unknown_sender_domain    reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,    reject_rbl_client dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net,
smtpd_delay_reject = yes
smtpd_helo_required = yes
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_domains = kunduz.org

Stay with *nix :)

RE: open relay

MacShane, Tracy

^^^ reject_unauth_destination tends to imply you're not an open relay, unless you've got the entire Internet in your my_networks.

Generally, setting up an SPF record for your domain allows your email to traverse the Gmail spam filters (as long as the email recipients aren't tagging them as spam themselves, and your emails don't actually contain spammy content).

Re: open relay

Muzaffer Tolga Özses
My bad, I thought all mail sent from my domain fell into gmail Junk
folder, but apparently only the emails I send via a form do. I must
study that. Thanks anyway.

Regards,

--
Stay with *nix :)