outbound postfix for customers

polloxx
Dear list,

We want to setup a outbound postfix server in our datacenter dedicated
to our customers.
We want separate logs, separate spool directories, possibility to set
mail quota per customer,
Didicated IP addresses per customer.

Do you guys have experience with this kind of setup?

I was thinking of using multiple instances for each customer and using
policyd for quota.

Idea's are very welcome.

p.

Re: outbound postfix for customers

lst_hoe02
Zitat von polloxx <[hidden email]>:

> Dear list,
>
> We want to setup a outbound postfix server in our datacenter dedicated
> to our customers.
> We want separate logs, separate spool directories, possibility to set
> mail quota per customer,
> Didicated IP addresses per customer.
>
> Do you guys have experience with this kind of setup?
>
> I was thinking of using multiple instances for each customer and using
> policyd for quota.
>
> Idea's are very welcome.
Maybe you better use some form of light weight hypervisor like
openvz/paralles with dedicated container with postfix included per
customer because you don't share anything anyway...

Regards

Andreas

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

Re: outbound postfix for customers

polloxx:
> Dear list,
>
> We want to setup a outbound postfix server in our datacenter dedicated
> to our customers.
> We want separate logs, separate spool directories, possibility to set
> mail quota per customer,
> Didicated IP addresses per customer.
>
> Do you guys have experience with this kind of setup?

I have experience only on a small scale, i.e. with a test machine
that runs multiple Postfix instances on top of the same OS instance.
Each has its own IP address, queue and configuration files, and
logging prefix (the volume is small enough that separate logfiles
would not make things easier).

> I was thinking of using multiple instances for each customer and using
> policyd for quota.

I think that running Postfix is the easiest part. The work is with
integrating all the management stuff, so that you can run Postfix
N times, without having to work N times harder.

        Wietse