overwrite always_bcc for 1 instance

Евгений Шишкин
Hi,

I have 4 instances. The second one is accepting mail from antispam/virus. And if headers have particular pattern it filters messages to third instance, so
in header_checks i have

/^X-SpamTest-Status:\s*([Nn]ot detected|[Tt]rusted)/    FILTER smtp:127.0.0.1:10027

and the rest is going to exchange :) as final destination.

And now we want spam to go to server with dbmail. It is not the problem to do, but we already have always_bcc used in another instance.

Can anybody explain me how to overwrite always_bcc for one instance. May be option config_directory will help?

Re: overwrite always_bcc for 1 instance

Victor Duchovni
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 02:10:25PM +0400, ?????????????? ???????????? wrote:

> I have 4 instances. The second one is accepting mail from antispam/virus.
> And if headers have particular pattern it filters messages to third
> instance, so
> in header_checks i have

Postfix instances don't share configuration parameters. Perhaps you are
talking about something else. If so you should add to your interpretive
description of your configuration, the actual configuration details.

The "always_bcc" parameter is implemented in the cleanup(8) service.

Re: overwrite always_bcc for 1 instance

Евгений Шишкин

Postfix instances don't share configuration parameters. Perhaps you are
talking about something else. If so you should add to your interpretive
description of your configuration, the actual configuration details.

Ok.
### SECOND INSTANCE OF POSTFIX BEGIN ###
127.0.0.1:10026 inet    n       -       n       -       155     smtpd
        -o content_filter=
        -o myhostname=localhost
        -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
        -o smtp_destination_concurrency_limit=155
        -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings
        -o local_recipient_maps=
        -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
        -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
        -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
        -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination
        -o smtpd_data_restrictions=

and
# postconf always_bcc
always_bcc = [hidden email]

I need add always_bcc=[hidden email] in second instance. May i just add
 -o always_bcc=[hidden email]
after
 -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings

All i want is to copy message-stream from second instance to another machine but always_bcc already defined in main.cf to another adress.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 05:11:11PM +0400, ?????????????? ???????????? wrote:

> > Postfix instances don't share configuration parameters. Perhaps you are
> > talking about something else. If so you should add to your interpretive
> > description of your configuration, the actual configuration details.
> >
> > Ok.
> ### SECOND INSTANCE OF POSTFIX BEGIN ###
> 127.0.0.1:10026 inet    n       -       n       -       155     smtpd
>         -o content_filter=
>         -o myhostname=localhost
>         -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
>         -o smtp_destination_concurrency_limit=155
>         -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings
>         -o local_recipient_maps=
>         -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
>         -o smtpd_client_restrictions=
>         -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
>         -o
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination
>         -o smtpd_data_restrictions=

This is not a Postfix instance, it is an additional master.cf smtpd(8)
service.

> and
> # postconf always_bcc
> always_bcc = [hidden email]
>
> I need add always_bcc=[hidden email] in second instance. May i just add
>  -o always_bcc=[hidden email]
> after
>  -o receive_override_options=no_address_mappings

No, because the parameter is used by cleanup(8), not smtpd(8). The
ugly hack is multiple cleanup services. The right solution in the face
of so much internal complexity, is multiple (individually simpler)
Postfix instances, each with their main.cf/master.cf files, queue and
data directories.

May i override transport_maps for such smtpd service?

ok. i found http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html

Евгений Шишкин wrote:

>> No, because the parameter is used by cleanup(8), not smtpd(8). The
>> ugly hack is multiple cleanup services. The right solution in the face
>> of so much internal complexity, is multiple (individually simpler)
>> Postfix instances, each with their main.cf/master.cf files, queue and
>> data directories.
>>
>> I was afraid of it.
>
> May i override transport_maps for such smtpd service?

No.