possiblities to release a mail

Maurizio Caloro-2

Hello Together

I ask me if are possible to view on console with postfix command witch mail’s are holding back, Status mailtraffic, and so on not mail.log about different reasons - blacklisted, spam, or score - and to release this mail for resend a blacklisted mail.

In the meantime I do this steps with ASSP but I see postfix are so stable I don’t think that no possibilities will exist. And I don’t will play with 2 or 3 tools if this possibilities with Postfix exist.

Please kindly let my view and understand the aspect from us thanx for discuss this possible aspect.

Regards

Mauri

Re: possiblities to release a mail

Wietse Venema
Maurizio Caloro:

> Hello Together
>
> I ask me if are possible to view on console with postfix command witch
> mail's are holding back, Status mailtraffic, and so on not mail.log about
> different reasons - blacklisted, spam, or score - and to release this mail
> for resend a blacklisted mail.
>
> In the meantime I do this steps with ASSP but I see postfix are so stable I
> don't think that no possibilities will exist. And I don't will play with 2
> or 3 tools if this possibilities with Postfix exist.

To view the Postfix queue:

    postqueue -p (sendmail-style output)
    postqueue -j (JSON output, easier to parse by tools)

To 'freeze' a message in the Postfix queue (same as HOLD action in
access map or header/body_checks, same as SMFIR_QUARANTINE action
in Milter protocol):

    postsuper -h queue_id (requires super-user privileges)

To 'unfreeze' a message:

    postsuper -H queue_id (requires super-user privileges)

To request delivery 'now':

    postqueue -i queue_id

Re: possiblities to release a mail

PeterDaem

>On Thursday, May 31, 2018, 9:57:17 AM GMT+2, Maurizio Caloro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hello Together
  >
>I ask me if are possible to view on console with postfix command witch mail’s are holding back, Status mailtraffic, and so on not mail.log about different reasons - blacklisted, spam, or score - and to release this mail for resend a blacklisted mail.
>In the meantime I do this steps with ASSP but I see postfix are so stable I don’t think that no possibilities will exist. And I don’t will play with 2 or 3 tools if this possibilities with Postfix exist.
>Please kindly let my view and understand the aspect from us thanx for discuss this possible aspect.
>Regards
>Mauri

take a look as well to  "qshape"  command.. it is Postfix native tool and very usefull...

----
Pedro

Re: possiblities to release a mail

Miles Fidelman
On 5/31/18 7:03 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Maurizio Caloro:
>> Hello Together
>>
>> I ask me if are possible to view on console with postfix command witch
>> mail's are holding back, Status mailtraffic, and so on not mail.log about
>> different reasons - blacklisted, spam, or score - and to release this mail
>> for resend a blacklisted mail.
>>
>> In the meantime I do this steps with ASSP but I see postfix are so stable I
>> don't think that no possibilities will exist. And I don't will play with 2
>> or 3 tools if this possibilities with Postfix exist.
> To view the Postfix queue:
>
>      postqueue -p (sendmail-style output)
>      postqueue -j (JSON output, easier to parse by tools)
>
> To 'freeze' a message in the Postfix queue (same as HOLD action in
> access map or header/body_checks, same as SMFIR_QUARANTINE action
> in Milter protocol):
>
>      postsuper -h queue_id (requires super-user privileges)
>
> To 'unfreeze' a message:
>
>      postsuper -H queue_id (requires super-user privileges)
>
> To request delivery 'now':
>
>      postqueue -i queue_id
>
> Wietse

pfqueue is also a particularly useful tool for looking for managing
large numbers of messages in the queue

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra