postdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

postdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68

Rajkumar S-3
Hi,

I get this error when I tried to send a mail via postdrop.

vhs3:~# cat signedmail.txt | postdrop
queue_id4BAE870402Fpostdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68

The signedmail.txt contains the following (edited)

DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; <snip>
Return-Path: <[hidden email]>
Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 00:26:03 -0700
From: <snip>
To: <snip>
Subject:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline
Precedence: bulk
X-Autoreply: yes

Keep in touch

A google search of unexpected record type: 68 did not yield any thing.
What did I do wrong here??

with regards,
raj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68

Wietse Venema
Rajkumar S:
> Hi,
>
> I get this error when I tried to send a mail via postdrop.
>
> vhs3:~# cat signedmail.txt | postdrop
> queue_id4BAE870402Fpostdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68


The postdrop command behaves as documented.
http://www.postfix.org/postdrop.1.html

In particular, see the "-r" command-line option.

See also:
http://www.postfix.org/sendmail.1.html

        Wietse
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68

Rajkumar S-3
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Wietse Venema <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rajkumar S:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get this error when I tried to send a mail via postdrop.
>>
>> vhs3:~# cat signedmail.txt | postdrop
>> queue_id4BAE870402Fpostdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68
>
>
> The postdrop command behaves as documented.
> http://www.postfix.org/postdrop.1.html
>
> In particular, see the "-r" command-line option.
>
> See also:
> http://www.postfix.org/sendmail.1.html

I am able to send mails via sendmail, but not using postdrop, if some
one has an example command using postdrop I would be happy :)

raj
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68

Wietse Venema
Rajkumar S:

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Wietse Venema <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Rajkumar S:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I get this error when I tried to send a mail via postdrop.
> >>
> >> vhs3:~# cat signedmail.txt | postdrop
> >> queue_id4BAE870402Fpostdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68
> >
> >
> > The postdrop command behaves as documented.
> > http://www.postfix.org/postdrop.1.html
> >
> > In particular, see the "-r" command-line option.
> >
> > See also:
> > http://www.postfix.org/sendmail.1.html
>
> I am able to send mails via sendmail, but not using postdrop, if some
> one has an example command using postdrop I would be happy :)

POSTDROP(1)                                                        POSTDROP(1)

NAME
       postdrop - Postfix mail posting utility

SYNOPSIS
       postdrop [-rv] [-c config_dir]
...
       -r     Use a Postfix-internal protocol for  reading  the  message  from
              standard input, and for reporting status information on standard
              output. This is currently the only supported method.

As documented, postdrop implements a protocol that is internal to
Postfix.

You are therefore not supposed to use it.

        Wietse
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 68

Rajkumar S-3
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Wietse Venema <[hidden email]> wrote:
> As documented, postdrop implements a protocol that is internal to
> Postfix.
>
> You are therefore not supposed to use it.

Thanks for the clue stick!

raj