postfix 3.3.0 and vda quota patch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

postfix 3.3.0 and vda quota patch

Roberto Sebastiano
Hello,

it seems that "postfix vda" patch that brings quota support for virtual maildirs is not updated / not mantained anymore. There is no patch for 3.3.0
http://vda.sourceforge.net/

I used that patch to create a custom mailserver on ubuntu 10.04 and 14.04, but 18.04 uses postfix 3.3.0 and i'm stuck.

Is there any way to achieve the same result (maildirsize quota and overquota replay) without the vda patch at this point ?

Thank you,
Roberto S.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postfix 3.3.0 and vda quota patch

/dev/rob0
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 02:30:52PM +0200, Roberto Sebastiano wrote:
> it seems that "postfix vda" patch that brings quota support for
> virtual maildirs is not updated / not mantained anymore. There
> is no patch for 3.3.0
> http://vda.sourceforge.net/

Note that your patch never was supported on this list.

> I used that patch to create a custom mailserver on ubuntu 10.04
> and 14.04, but 18.04 uses postfix 3.3.0 and i'm stuck.
>
> Is there any way to achieve the same result (maildirsize quota
> and overquota replay) without the vda patch at this point ?

The recommended way is via a policy service which checks with the
imapd, and causes a rejection for overquota recipients.  Dovecot
actually includes such a policy server.  Refer to the Dovecot wiki
for use and setup instructions.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/
  Offlist GMX mail is seen only if "/dev/rob0" is in the Subject:
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postfix 3.3.0 and vda quota patch

Christos Chatzaras
In reply to this post by Roberto Sebastiano
dovecot + quota plugin

On 16 May 2018, at 15:30, Roberto Sebastiano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

it seems that "postfix vda" patch that brings quota support for virtual maildirs is not updated / not mantained anymore. There is no patch for 3.3.0
http://vda.sourceforge.net/

I used that patch to create a custom mailserver on ubuntu 10.04 and 14.04, but 18.04 uses postfix 3.3.0 and i'm stuck.

Is there any way to achieve the same result (maildirsize quota and overquota replay) without the vda patch at this point ?

Thank you,
Roberto S.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postfix 3.3.0 and vda quota patch

Reid Sutherland
In reply to this post by Roberto Sebastiano
Roberto Sebastiano wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it seems that "postfix vda" patch that brings quota support for virtual
> maildirs is not updated / not mantained anymore. There is no patch for
> 3.3.0
> http://vda.sourceforge.net/
>
> I used that patch to create a custom mailserver on ubuntu 10.04 and
> 14.04, but 18.04 uses postfix 3.3.0 and i'm stuck.
>
> Is there any way to achieve the same result (maildirsize quota and
> overquota replay) without the vda patch at this point ?


This might help:

https://blog.sys4.de/postfix-dovecot-mailbox-quota-en.html