Quantcast

postfix add a line in body of email.

achal
I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5 smtp server.
We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those who do not spam".
This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do this.

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

Reindl Harald-2

Am 01.10.2012 16:54, schrieb achal:
> I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
> smtp server

postfix is a MTA and does not mangle messages

> We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
> who do not spam".
> This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services

you really think you prevent anybody from anything with footers?
this is as useless as all the disclaimers runnign around day for day

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

Reindl Harald-2
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

yes, better do this outside of postfix because you
sould be caeful not mangle incoming messages too
and consider how to make sure that in a longer
conversation your footer is not included 10 times

however, this all makes no sense in the real world and is only
additional crap in messages nobody cares the same way you not
care post your reply not on top after you got one at the bottom
or how to reply on a mailing-list

Am 01.10.2012 17:19, schrieb intelligent me:

> I am also going to add a link in my emails as "for all spam complaints email at "[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>".this is also in body of email.I am doing this as less people see the headers of an
> email and mostly they view the email body and subject. If not by postfix then can it be done by php as i use
> interspire mail marketer.
>
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Reindl Harald <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Am 01.10.2012 16:54, schrieb achal:
>     > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
>     > smtp server
>
>     postfix is a MTA and does not mangle messages
>
>     > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
>     > who do not spam".
>     > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services
>
>     you really think you prevent anybody from anything with footers?
>     this is as useless as all the disclaimers runnign around day for day

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

Reindl Harald-2
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

the negative attidtude is simple:

frustration about the crap of long signatures, footers
and disclaimers in mails repeated 20 times until you
need a lense to find the message content in a longer
conversation

nobody cares about all this crap, it is only wasting
ressources and makes it harder to reply because you
have more work with cleaning up mails than write
your reply

Am 01.10.2012 17:22, schrieb Pat Erler:

> sorry for the footer.
>
> I don't ask for a postifx tool but hope of an answer of a postifx user with a slightly more positive attitude, who
> had the same problem.
>
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Reindl Harald <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Am 01.10.2012 16:54, schrieb achal:
>     > I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
>     > smtp server
>
>     postfix is a MTA and does not mangle messages
>
>     > We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
>     > who do not spam".
>     > This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services
>
>     you really think you prevent anybody from anything with footers?
>     this is as useless as all the disclaimers runnign around day for day

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

Reindl Harald-2
what the hell did you not understand in

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY OFF-LIST
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ON TOP AFTER ANSWER AT BOTTOM

better take your fingers off mailserver-administration as long
you are unable to look at the target of your own mails

--

Reindl Harald
the lounge interactive design GmbH

http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

Mark Goodge
On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
> I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
> smtp server.
> We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
> who do not spam".
> This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
> line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
> this.

If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your
users send spam. If you're providing mail services to third parties then
you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids
spam, and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about
spam.

Mark
  Sent from my Turing-Flowers Colossus
  http://mark.goodge.co.uk

 http://mark.goodge.co.uk

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

Reindl Harald-2
*bruhahaha* *effective*
proven by what?

Am 01.10.2012 17:37, schrieb intelligent me:

> I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective as many providers use this.
>
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mark Goodge <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
>
>         I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
>         smtp server.
>         We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
>         who do not spam".
>         This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
>         line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
>         this.
>

>     If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your users send spam. If you're providing
>     mail services to third parties then you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids spam,
>     and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about spam.

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

Benny Pedersen
achal skrev den 01-10-2012 16:54:
> I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix
> centos 5
> smtp server.

thanks for trying to make spammers aware of freedomains

> We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to
> those
> who do not spam".

what if thay do, do thay so need to pay ?

> This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want
> this
> line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way
> to do
> this.

amavisd-new with altermime

post if its solves the spamming problem

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

Robert Schetterer
Am 01.10.2012 17:39, schrieb Reindl Harald:

> *bruhahaha* *effective*
> proven by what?
>
> Am 01.10.2012 17:37, schrieb intelligent me:
>> I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective as many providers use this.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Mark Goodge <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 01/10/2012 15:54, achal wrote:
>>
>>         I want to add a line in body of every email sent from my postfix centos 5
>>         smtp server.
>>         We want to add "welcome to our company we offer free SMTP services to those
>>         who do not spam".
>>         This is done to prevent spammers from using our mail services.I want this
>>         line to be added in body of every HTML and TEXT email.Is there a way to do
>>         this.
>>

>>     If you don't want your servers to be used for spam then don't let your users send spam. If you're providing
>>     mail services to third parties then you need to make sure that you have an enforceable AUP which forbids spam,
>>     and have an effective mechanism for responding to complaints about spam.

adding lines in mail body, may brake i.e dkim signatures etc , be aware
of this, use altermime stand alone or with amavis, best way to do this
is at mail create time/place however

practise by other big mailers is add some lines if using their webmail
client only , cause altermime may fail finding the end in mail body part
and place your line different cause of different mail clients in the wild
problems with crypto mail are also thinkable

however i dont think that lines make sense at all, freemailers
use them as marketing mostly

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

achal
Thanks to all my problem is solved

Re: postfix add a line in body of email.

The Stovebolt Geek
--On October 1, 2012 8:37:27 AM -0700 intelligent me
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know that but addition of this in email message body can be effective
> as many providers use this.

The fact that many providers use it is not evidence of effectiveness.  It's
evidence of popularity.  I'd wager that no one has even bothered to measure
its effectiveness.

Paul Schmehl ([hidden email])
The Stovebolt Geek
The Net's Oldest and Most Complete
Resource for Antique Chevy and GM Trucks
http://www.stovebolt.com

RE: postfix add a line in body of email.

Futchko, Rose
I have a question for this POSTFIX group dealing with SPAM. We currently
have a Postfix - Mailman - SYMANTEC Cloud (VIRUS / SPAM FILTER)
configuration.

The Mailman service works well, as does basic mail for local Postfix
users, plus we have some alias names redirecting to other email
addresses. If mail is posted to a list, alias or to a user, it gets
archived and sent.

However, I am getting some failure notices for deliveries which appear
to be bypassing Mailman, yet using the [hidden email] address
to be delivered to external users. The reason I am stating that the
email bypasses Mailman is the following:

1) the message is not in the archives
2) the sender is not an authorized subscriber to the list
3) this is a moderated list and the message is not held

Copied below is the response I am getting back from an end user (who is
a valid subscriber in the list). Can someone please advise if, in your
opinion, this is happening in Postfix -- or should I go back to the
Mailman board for help.

Thank you,
Rose

74.6.136.244 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.
See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html

Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 07:04:39 -0500

***this is the address not in the subscriber list in Mailman****

From: LinkedIn Connections <[hidden email]>
To: southeastern-michigan-chapter-owner
        <[hidden email]>
Subject: You have been sent a file (Filename: Southeastern-77.pdf)
Sender: [hidden email]

------=_Part_2150247_0592058419.0191594892197

****this is the spam email text being blocked *****
Sendspace File Delivery Notification:You've got a file called
Southeastern-9271623.pdf, (357.42 KB) waiting to be downloaded at
sendspace