postfix and Barracuda Reputation

k2

postfix and Barracuda Reputation

k2
hello all,

i have a issue with Barracuda Reputation on one of our systems,

the issue is that Barracuda is checking the sender IP and users/clients
IP on the Barracuda Reputation system, this is really annoying as most
senders use our SMTP to auth and send mail but they run on Dynamic IP's
so some of them maybe black listed, but NOT our server IP.

Client --- LAN ---> There Out SMPT ------ Dynamic IP -----> Our Server
SMTP Auth ----> Barracuda Protected SMTP

but mails get rejected as this, but 124.43.213.135 is the client IP not
our server, but the mail goes via our server.

> <[hidden email]>: host email.XXXXXX.com.eg[217.XX.96.XX]
>    said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [our.server.name]
> blocked
>    using Barracuda Reputation;
>    http://bbl.barracudacentral.com/q.cgi?ip=124.43.213.135 (in reply to
> end of
>    DATA command)

as a solution i was trying to remove all "received" header at our server
with header checks, but then Barracuda dont seem to like this. so my
question is, i can use header check just to reply the IP of the client to
a local IP (192.168.X.X) or some thing and remove the "124.43.XX.XX"
range ?

i was trying this for some time but cant seem to get it to work,

would be really nice if some one can help me on this.

rgds
Kev

Re: postfix and Barracuda Reputation

mouss-2
Kev wrote:

> hello all,
>
> i have a issue with Barracuda Reputation on one of our systems,
>
> the issue is that Barracuda is checking the sender IP and users/clients
> IP on the Barracuda Reputation system, this is really annoying as most
> senders use our SMTP to auth and send mail but they run on Dynamic IP's
> so some of them maybe black listed, but NOT our server IP.
>
> Client --- LAN ---> There Out SMPT ------ Dynamic IP -----> Our Server
> SMTP Auth ----> Barracuda Protected SMTP
>
> but mails get rejected as this, but 124.43.213.135 is the client IP not
> our server, but the mail goes via our server.
>

>> <[hidden email]>: host email.XXXXXX.com.eg[217.XX.96.XX]
>>    said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [our.server.name]
>> blocked
>>    using Barracuda Reputation;
>>    http://bbl.barracudacentral.com/q.cgi?ip=124.43.213.135 (in reply to
>> end of
>>    DATA command)
>>

> as a solution i was trying to remove all "received" header at our server
> with header checks, but then Barracuda dont seem to like this. so my
> question is, i can use header check just to reply the IP of the client to
> a local IP (192.168.X.X) or some thing and remove the "124.43.XX.XX"
> range ?

pcre header_checks:

\[124\.43\.(\d+\.\d+\]\)\s+by\s+yourserver\.example \(Postfix\).*)/
    REPLACE Received: from $1.private ($2.private [192.168.$3

but make sure this doesn't fire back...