postfix and spf

AlxFrag
hi,
i'm thinking to implement postfix with spf. In the postfix add-on
software web page there are a few patches available.
There is also a notice saying that postfix ships with SPF support, in
the form of a plug-in policy daemon.

Any recommendations on how to use that daemon?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Re: postfix and spf

Wietse Venema
AlxFrag:
> hi,
> i'm thinking to implement postfix with spf. In the postfix add-on
> software web page there are a few patches available.
> There is also a notice saying that postfix ships with SPF support, in
> the form of a plug-in policy daemon.
>
> Any recommendations on how to use that daemon?

The Postfix source code is distributed with README.SPF.

Re: postfix and spf

Matt Rude-3

On Tue, May 6, 2008 5:51 am, Wietse Venema wrote:

> AlxFrag:
>> hi,
>> i'm thinking to implement postfix with spf. In the postfix add-on
>> software web page there are a few patches available.
>> There is also a notice saying that postfix ships with SPF support, in
>> the form of a plug-in policy daemon.
>>
>> Any recommendations on how to use that daemon?
>
> The Postfix source code is distributed with README.SPF.

Look at http://www.openspf.org/Software there are two options, the perl
version and the compiled python version, were using the python version,
it's very fast and was easy to setup.

Read the docs but here's the basics of it

In main.cf add something like this:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
  check_policy_service unix:private/policy

And in master.cf add something like this:
policy     unix  -       n       n       -       -       spawn
       user=nobody argv=/usr/local/bin/policyd-spf

I hope this helps.

Matt Rude
www.mattrude.com

Re: postfix and spf

Wietse Venema
Matt Rude:

> On Tue, May 6, 2008 5:51 am, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > AlxFrag:
> >> hi,
> >> i'm thinking to implement postfix with spf. In the postfix add-on
> >> software web page there are a few patches available.
> >> There is also a notice saying that postfix ships with SPF support, in
> >> the form of a plug-in policy daemon.
> >>
> >> Any recommendations on how to use that daemon?
> >
> > The Postfix source code is distributed with README.SPF.
>
> Look at http://www.openspf.org/Software there are two options, the perl
> version and the compiled python version, were using the python version,
> it's very fast and was easy to setup.
>
> Read the docs but here's the basics of it
>
> In main.cf add something like this:
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>   check_policy_service unix:private/policy
>
> And in master.cf add something like this:
> policy     unix  -       n       n       -       -       spawn
>        user=nobody argv=/usr/local/bin/policyd-spf

To prevent ugly warning messages, do not forget to include:

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
    policy_time_limit = 3600

As documented in the Postfix SMTPD_POLICY_README file.

Re: postfix and spf

Zhang Huangbin
Matt Rude wrote:

> On Tue, May 6, 2008 5:51 am, Wietse Venema wrote:
>
>> AlxFrag:
>>
>>> hi,
>>> i'm thinking to implement postfix with spf. In the postfix add-on
>>> software web page there are a few patches available.
>>> There is also a notice saying that postfix ships with SPF support, in
>>> the form of a plug-in policy daemon.
>>>
>>> Any recommendations on how to use that daemon?
>>>
>> The Postfix source code is distributed with README.SPF.
>>

> Look at http://www.openspf.org/Software there are two options, the perl
> version and the compiled python version, were using the python version,
> it's very fast and was easy to setup.
>
> Read the docs but here's the basics of it
>
> In main.cf add something like this:
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>   check_policy_service unix:private/policy
>
> And in master.cf add something like this:
> policy     unix  -       n       n       -       -       spawn
>        user=nobody argv=/usr/local/bin/policyd-spf
>
> I hope this helps.

I installed pypolicyd-spf, how can it work with policyd
(http://www.policyd.org) daemon?

Does this work well?

-----8<-----------
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
    check_policy_service unix:private/policy-spf,
    check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10031,   # <- Policyd

Best Regards.

Zhang Huangbin

- Mail Server Solution for Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux & CentOS 5.x:
  http://rhms.googlecode.com/

Re: postfix and spf

mouss-2
Zhang Huangbin wrote:

> I installed pypolicyd-spf, how can it work with policyd
> (http://www.policyd.org) daemon?

they are indepedent, so there should be no special issue.

mouss wrote:
> Zhang Huangbin wrote:
>>
>> I installed pypolicyd-spf, how can it work with policyd
>> (http://www.policyd.org) daemon?
>
> they are indepedent, so there should be no special issue.
Thanks, mouss. :)