postfix filter to encrypt incoming emails with public gpg key

12

Re: postfix filter to encrypt incoming emails with public gpg key

Wietse Venema
Fourhundred Thecat:

> On 27/10/2019 17.10, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > Use the local(8) delivery agent. In your $HOME/.forward file, pipe
> > the mail into a program that encrypts it with your public key, then
> > writes the result to maildir.
>
> I am using Postfix with Dovecot. I believe it is Dovecot who saves
> messages to maildir. How would that fit in ?
>
> > Postfix content filter is not suitable, as it is designed to
> > handle multi-recipient email, whereas $HOME/.forward is guaranteed
> > to handle only one recipient.
>
> I see. But, on the other hand, if I used a SMTMD-milter, it would be
> processed before the queue, and would not interfere with the normal flow
> through the pipeline.

Again, it does not handle the multi-recipient case. Now, there may
be an implicit assumption that email has only one, but that is not
true in the general case (where I make recommendations).

Re: postfix filter to encrypt incoming emails with public gpg key

Jaroslaw Rafa
Dnia 27.10.2019 o godz. 17:52:03 Fourhundred Thecat pisze:

> I am using Postfix with Dovecot. I believe it is Dovecot who saves
> messages to maildir.

Not necessarily. I'm using Postfix with Dovecot too and I'm using Postfix's
default local(8) to store mail. I didn't enable Dovecot's LDA. That needs to
be specially set up in main.cf and/or master.cf.
   Jaroslaw Rafa
12