postfix rewrite test and debug problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

postfix rewrite test and debug problem

Jittinan Suwanrueangsri
Dear Sir/Madam

I am Jittinan Suwanrueansri,Posfix beginner.I want to see rewrite
process of canonical mapping in postfix so
I try to append  -v  to  cleanup  in  master.cf which  I  found  it  in  
manual .But  I get 4.3.0 Error:queue file write error.
How can I fix this problem?
How can I see rewrite sequence  of postfix?

Regards
Jittinan Suwanureansri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postfix rewrite test and debug problem

Wietse Venema
Jittinan Suwanrueangsri:
> Dear Sir/Madam
>
> I am Jittinan Suwanrueansri,Posfix beginner.I want to see rewrite
> process of canonical mapping in postfix so
> I try to append  -v  to  cleanup  in  master.cf which  I  found  it  in  
> manual .But  I get 4.3.0 Error:queue file write error.

To find the cause of "queue file write error", search the logfile
for warning messages.

http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#logging

> How can I fix this problem?

That depends on the specific mistake that you made.

> How can I see rewrite sequence  of postfix?

With -v in master.cf.

        Wietse
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postfix rewrite test and debug problem

Jittinan Suwanrueangsri
Dear sir

 I try to append -v option to cleanup and trivial-rewrite in master.cf for
debugging purpose.When I send mail via mailclient I get 451 4.3.0 Error.
queue file write error message. I inspect log file.After that I found
postfix/cleanup[25434]: panic: cleanup_strflags: unrecognized flag value(s)
0x80

I also attach log file but I change domain name to fictitious domain
"ourdomain.com"

Regards
Jittinan Suwanrueangsri

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wietse Venema" <[hidden email]>
To: "Postfix users" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: postfix rewrite test and debug problem


> Jittinan Suwanrueangsri:
>> Dear Sir/Madam
>>
>> I am Jittinan Suwanrueansri,Posfix beginner.I want to see rewrite
>> process of canonical mapping in postfix so
>> I try to append  -v  to  cleanup  in  master.cf which  I  found  it  in
>> manual .But  I get 4.3.0 Error:queue file write error.
>
> To find the cause of "queue file write error", search the logfile
> for warning messages.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#logging
>
>> How can I fix this problem?
>
> That depends on the specific mistake that you made.
>
>> How can I see rewrite sequence  of postfix?
>
> With -v in master.cf.
>
> Wietse
>

maillog-fictitious-domain.zip (22K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postfix rewrite test and debug problem

Wietse Venema
Jittinan Suwanrueangsri:
> Dear sir
>
>  I try to append -v option to cleanup and trivial-rewrite in master.cf for
> debugging purpose.When I send mail via mailclient I get 451 4.3.0 Error.
> queue file write error message. I inspect log file. After that I found
> postfix/cleanup[25434]: panic: cleanup_strflags: unrecognized flag value(s)
> 0x80

Aha, that is useful information.

This is fixed in:

20080311

        Bugfix (introduced 20080207): "cleanup -v" panic because
        the new "SMTP reply" request flag did not have a printable
        name. File: global/cleanup_strflags.c.

This problem existed in Postfix 2.6 only, and was fixed in
later experimental releases.

        Wietse
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postfix rewrite test and debug problem

Jittinan Suwanrueangsri
Wietse Venema wrote:
Jittinan Suwanrueangsri:
  
Dear sir

 I try to append -v option to cleanup and trivial-rewrite in master.cf for
debugging purpose.When I send mail via mailclient I get 451 4.3.0 Error.
queue file write error message. I inspect log file. After that I found
postfix/cleanup[25434]: panic: cleanup_strflags: unrecognized flag value(s)
0x80
    

Aha, that is useful information.

This is fixed in:

20080311

        Bugfix (introduced 20080207): "cleanup -v" panic because
        the new "SMTP reply" request flag did not have a printable
        name. File: global/cleanup_strflags.c.

This problem existed in Postfix 2.6 only, and was fixed in
later experimental releases.

	Wietse
  
But when I execute command "postconf " it show "mail_version = 2.5.1" ,mail_release_date = 20080216 in website it cliam postfix 2.5 stable release
.Are there any  problems cause this errors?
 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postfix rewrite test and debug problem

Wietse Venema
Jittinan Suwanrueangsri:
> But when I execute command "postconf " it show "mail_version = 2.5.1"
> ,mail_release_date = 20080216 in website it cliam postfix 2.5 stable release

Postfix 2.5.1 was released before the 20080311 bugfix.

Postfix 2.5.2 has been out for a while, but I forgot to include
this fix with Postfix 2.5.2.

Patch follows.

        Wietse

*** /var/tmp/postfix-2.5.2/src/global/cleanup_strflags.c Tue Jun 13 17:36:58 2006
--- ./cleanup_strflags.c Tue Mar 11 20:12:23 2008
***************
*** 52,57 ****
--- 52,58 ----
      CLEANUP_FLAG_BCC_OK, "enable_automatic_bcc",
      CLEANUP_FLAG_MAP_OK, "enable_address_mapping",
      CLEANUP_FLAG_MILTER, "enable_milters",
+     CLEANUP_FLAG_SMTP_REPLY, "enable_smtp_reply",
  };
 
  /* cleanup_strflags - map flags code to printable string */
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: postfix rewrite test and debug problem

Jittinan Suwanrueangsri
Thank for patch but I remove it from our system and use newer version 2.6
instead.It work fine with -v.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wietse Venema" <[hidden email]>
To: "Postfix users" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: postfix rewrite test and debug problem


> Jittinan Suwanrueangsri:
>> But when I execute command "postconf " it show "mail_version = 2.5.1"
>> ,mail_release_date = 20080216 in website it cliam postfix 2.5 stable
>> release
>
> Postfix 2.5.1 was released before the 20080311 bugfix.
>
> Postfix 2.5.2 has been out for a while, but I forgot to include
> this fix with Postfix 2.5.2.
>
> Patch follows.
>
> Wietse
>
> *** /var/tmp/postfix-2.5.2/src/global/cleanup_strflags.c Tue Jun 13
> 17:36:58 2006
> --- ./cleanup_strflags.c Tue Mar 11 20:12:23 2008
> ***************
> *** 52,57 ****
> --- 52,58 ----
>      CLEANUP_FLAG_BCC_OK, "enable_automatic_bcc",
>      CLEANUP_FLAG_MAP_OK, "enable_address_mapping",
>      CLEANUP_FLAG_MILTER, "enable_milters",
> +     CLEANUP_FLAG_SMTP_REPLY, "enable_smtp_reply",
>  };
>
>  /* cleanup_strflags - map flags code to printable string */
>