postfix + selinux - does it make sense ?

postfix + selinux - does it make sense ?

Zalezny Niezalezny
Hi,

I would like to know Your opinion about selinux + postfix ?

Does onyone using it ? Does it make sense to setup some policies for postfix ?

Thanks in advance for your answers and suggestions.

Cheers

Zalezny

Re: postfix + selinux - does it make sense ?

Peter Ajamian
On 11/07/17 19:31, Zalezny Niezalezny wrote:
> I would like to know Your opinion about selinux + postfix ?
>
> Does onyone using it ? Does it make sense to setup some policies for
> postfix ?

It works as well as any other software + selinux.  What policies and
label contexts you have to customize depend largely on your exact setup,
and how people set up postfix can vary widely.  I can say that I have
yet to run across a setup where I had to resort to disabling selinux
entirely.

Peter

Re: postfix + selinux - does it make sense ?

Paul Menzel
Dear Zalezny,

On 07/11/17 09:31, Zalezny Niezalezny wrote:

> I would like to know your opinion about selinux + postfix?
>
> Does anyone using it? Does it make sense to set up some policies for
> postfix?

It largely depends on your threat model, but in my opinion, as it
doesn’t hurt, I would say it makes a lot of sense to set up SE Linux.
Especially as a basic(?) policy is already available, and depending on
your setup, you only need to tune a few things.

Kind regards,

Paul

PS: As you only sent plain text, it’d be awesome if you configure your
Google Mail account in a way, that it doesn’t include HTML parts in the
message [1].

[1]
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-send-a-message-in-plain-text-from-gmail-1171963

Re: postfix + selinux - does it make sense ?

Zalezny Niezalezny:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know Your opinion about selinux + postfix ?
>
> Does onyone using it ? Does it make sense to setup some policies for
> postfix ?

Do what you like, but I won't provide help for platform-specific
features. Postfix is a cross-platform system.

Re: postfix + selinux - does it make sense ?

Zalezny Niezalezny
I think that Postfix is one of the most secure servers. I will stay with basic SE settings.

Zalezny Niezalezny: