postfix tunn

mami64
Hello
Sorry, but I got lost in tunning (the server handles a lot of mail) or
my brain isn't working properly anymore...

main.cf:
virtual_transport = lmtp:inet:10.10.10.5:24

lmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 20
lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = 1
#in dovecot in lmtp I have: process_min_avail = 20

I am trying to set the sender who sends mail to my server to be able to
send only 100 recipients in one mail
Is this a wrong setting:
default_destination_recipient_limit = 100

others
smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 200
smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit=400s

Re: postfix tunn

Wietse Venema
maciejm:

> Hello
> Sorry, but I got lost in tunning (the server handles a lot of mail) or
> my brain isn't working properly anymore...
>
> main.cf:
> virtual_transport = lmtp:inet:10.10.10.5:24
>
> lmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 20
> lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = 1
> #in dovecot in lmtp I have: process_min_avail = 20
> default_destination_recipient_limit = 100
> default_destination_concurrency_limit = 100

These options say how Postfix will DELIVER mail. They DO NOT say
what mail Postfix will RECEIVE from a sender.

> I am trying to set the sender who sends mail to my server to be able to
> send only 100 recipients in one mail

That depends on how Postfix RECEIVES mail from the sender. With
SMTP, there is smtpd_recipient_limit which must be 100 or more if
you don't want to lose mail from legitimate senders. There is no
explicit limit for the number of Postfix sendmail recipients
(that depends on the queue file size limit and available space
in the file system).

Re: postfix tunn

mami64
Wietse:
Thanks - You took the pain and sweat off my head

I use:
smtpd_recipient_limit = 101

By the way, to improve performance I change
"default_destination_recipient_limit" from 50 to 100 and up
default_process_limit to 1200
I care about problems in the queue