postfwd

@lbutlr
After installing the latest postfix I thought I’d look into postfwd.

1) is this the right place to ask about this package?

2) Is this package generally recommended or not?

3) It appears to me postfwd does largely what post screen would already do. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.

Re: postfwd

/dev/rob0
On Sat, Jul 01, 2017 at 10:45:50AM -0600, @lbutlr wrote:
> After installing the latest postfix I thought I’d look into postfwd.
>
> 1) is this the right place to ask about this package?

Probably not.  They have their own mailing list IIRC.

> 2) Is this package generally recommended or not?

I know no reason to steer you away from it, but the one I have used
is "cluebringer" or cbpolicyd, formerly "policyd".

> 3) It appears to me postfwd does largely what post screen would
> already do. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Well, I suppose it could do something like DNSBL scoring if you
configured it to do that, but it can also do things postscreen
cannot, such as, complex policy decisions based on various elements.

Most importantly for many sites, it can do rate limiting for your
authenticated users, to stop them if they have malware spewing spam.
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/

Re: postfwd

@lbutlr
On Jul 1, 2017, at 11:18 AM, /dev/rob0 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Most importantly for many sites, it can do rate limiting for your authenticated users, to stop them if they have malware spewing spam.

Ah, that might be good. Thanks for the info.

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.