private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory

private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory

Laura Smith
I've tried searching the internetz to no avail.

Bascially I'm setting up a secondary server.  Configs and SSL certs are all in place.

This is the error I'm seeing:

postfix/smtp[10175]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
postfix/smtp[10175]: warning: connect to private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
postfix/smtp[10175]:warning: problem talking to server private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory
postfix/smtp[10175]: warning: no entropy for TLS key generation: disabling TLS support

I'm running the distro provided Postfix (3.3.1) on OpenSUSE Leap 15.1

OpenSuse comes with haveged "out of the box" so there shouldn't be any entropy issues ?

Re: private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory

Wietse Venema
Laura Smith:
> I've tried searching the internetz to no avail.
>
> Bascially I'm setting up a secondary server.? Configs and SSL certs are all in place.
>
> This is the error I'm seeing:

1) You don't have this in master.cf
   tlsmgr    unix  -       -       n       1000?   1       tlsmgr

1a) You didn't run 'postfix reload' after adding that line.

2) You have the entry in master.cf, but selinux/apparmor/etc are
   misconfigured.

On Wednesday, 3 July 2019 12:49, Wietse Venema <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Laura Smith:
>
> > I've tried searching the internetz to no avail.
> > Bascially I'm setting up a secondary server.? Configs and SSL certs are all in place.
> > This is the error I'm seeing:
>
> 1.  You don't have this in master.cf
>     tlsmgr unix - - n 1000? 1 tlsmgr
>
>     1a) You didn't run 'postfix reload' after adding that line.
>
> 2.  You have the entry in master.cf, but selinux/apparmor/etc are
>     misconfigured.
>
>     Wietse

Rather embarrassingly it was number 1. ;-(

master.cf was the only part of the known-good master config that was never copied across !

Oops.

Re: private/tlsmgr: No such file or directory

Matus UHLAR - fantomas

On 03.07.19 12:35, Laura Smith wrote:
>Rather embarrassingly it was number 1. ;-(
>
>master.cf was the only part of the known-good master config that was never copied across !

I prefer not to copy files across (often copies or creates misconfigured
mess). I prefer configuring new server feom scratch, looking at old server
configuration.

Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)