question about recipient/sender_bcc_maps limitation

question about recipient/sender_bcc_maps limitation

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães

    Hello Guys,

    From http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html i have:

sender_bcc_maps (default: empty)

    Optional BCC (blind carbon-copy) address lookup tables, indexed by
sender address. The BCC address (multiple results are not supported) is

    how could i workaround the fact that multiple bcc addresses are not
supported ??? I use sender/recipient_bcc_maps for implementing accounts
auditing (grabbing a copy of messages received and sent) as well for
acchieving autoreply features. Both are working ... but when i need both
to work together, for the same account, it's not working. Surely because
multiple results are not supported ...

    is there somehow i can workaround this limitation of not supporting
multiple results ??

    Thanks ....

--

        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues

        My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

Re: question about recipient/sender_bcc_maps limitation

Victor Duchovni
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 08:04:25PM -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalh?es wrote:

>    Hello Guys,
>
>    From http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html i have:
>

> sender_bcc_maps (default: empty)
>
>    Optional BCC (blind carbon-copy) address lookup tables, indexed by
> sender address. The BCC address (multiple results are not supported) is
>

>    how could i workaround the fact that multiple bcc addresses are not
> supported ???

The BCC address is subject to virtual alias expansion (and aliases(5)
expansion for any resulting local recipients).

Re: question about recipient/sender_bcc_maps limitation

kyoku cocinillas

Victor Duchovni escribió:

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 08:04:25PM -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalh?es wrote:
>

>>    Hello Guys,
>>
>>    From http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html i have:
>>

>> sender_bcc_maps (default: empty)
>>
>>    Optional BCC (blind carbon-copy) address lookup tables, indexed by
>> sender address. The BCC address (multiple results are not supported) is
>>

>>    how could i workaround the fact that multiple bcc addresses are not
>> supported ???
>>

> The BCC address is subject to virtual alias expansion (and aliases(5)
> expansion for any resulting local recipients).

Hi, i am also interested in this feature, with the aliases i can figure
out where to route all the incoming email without having to use the
recipient_bcc_maps, but i cant find a workaround for the
sender_bcc_maps, i can only configure one email account, and i would
like to forward email from some accounts to more than just one mailbox,
isnt it possible to acomplish?

thanks,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 05:24:31PM +0200, kyoku cocinillas wrote:

> >The BCC address is subject to virtual alias expansion (and aliases(5)
> >expansion for any resulting local recipients).
>
> Hi, i am also interested in this feature, with the aliases i can figure
> out where to route all the incoming email without having to use the
> recipient_bcc_maps, but i cant find a workaround for the
> sender_bcc_maps, i can only configure one email account, and i would
> like to forward email from some accounts to more than just one mailbox,
> isnt it possible to acomplish?

As I said, the BCC address is subject to virtual alias expansion, so
you can configure a single BCC address that is delivered to multiple
recipients.

kyoku cocinillas wrote:

> Hi, i am also interested in this feature, with the aliases i can figure
> out where to route all the incoming email without having to use the
> recipient_bcc_maps, but i cant find a workaround for the
> sender_bcc_maps, i can only configure one email account, and i would
> like to forward email from some accounts to more than just one mailbox,
> isnt it possible to acomplish?

as Viktor said, the result of bcc maps will pass through virtual alias
expansion. so bcc to an address, then add virtual aliases for this
address. if this is not clear:

sender_bcc_maps:
[hidden email] [hidden email]

virtual_alias_maps:
[hidden email] [hidden email], [hidden email]

mouss escribió:

> kyoku cocinillas wrote:
>
>> Hi, i am also interested in this feature, with the aliases i can
>> figure out where to route all the incoming email without having to
>> use the recipient_bcc_maps, but i cant find a workaround for the
>> sender_bcc_maps, i can only configure one email account, and i would
>> like to forward email from some accounts to more than just one
>> mailbox, isnt it possible to acomplish?
>

> as Viktor said, the result of bcc maps will pass through virtual alias
> expansion. so bcc to an address, then add virtual aliases for this
> address. if this is not clear:
>

> sender_bcc_maps:
> [hidden email]        [hidden email]
>

> virtual_alias_maps:
> [hidden email]    [hidden email], [hidden email]

Hi, thats correct, but what i found out is (following your example) that
[hidden email]  does not receive the mail but the others do, is
that normal behaviour?, i mean, that the sender_bcc_maps does not
receive a copy and the virtual_alias_maps do?
I thought all three mail addresses shall receive a copy...

tx by the way

mouss escribió:

> kyoku cocinillas wrote:
>
>> Hi, i am also interested in this feature, with the aliases i can
>> figure out where to route all the incoming email without having to
>> use the recipient_bcc_maps, but i cant find a workaround for the
>> sender_bcc_maps, i can only configure one email account, and i would
>> like to forward email from some accounts to more than just one
>> mailbox, isnt it possible to acomplish?
>

> as Viktor said, the result of bcc maps will pass through virtual alias
> expansion. so bcc to an address, then add virtual aliases for this
> address. if this is not clear:
>

> sender_bcc_maps:
> [hidden email]        [hidden email]
>

> virtual_alias_maps:
> [hidden email]    [hidden email], [hidden email]

Actually i forgot to say that what i did to avoid this was to include
"[hidden email]" to the virtual_alias_maps too. It might not be
very clear but works..