queue file size limit exceeded

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

queue file size limit exceeded

kemas henry
what is "queue file size limit exceeded" error means?
    Jul  1 08:58:02 webmail postfix/smtpd[20392]: warning: 98F9AE0088:
queue file size limit exceeded
I see it several time in my logs, is it something that should be worried
about ?

below is my postconf -n output

alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases
allow_min_user = yes
allow_percent_hack = yes
append_at_myorigin = no
append_dot_mydomain = yes
biff = no
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
default_privs = nobody
default_process_limit = 1000
delay_warning_time = 4h
disable_vrfy_command = yes
empty_address_recipient = MAILER-DAEMON
home_mailbox = Maildir/
html_directory = no
inet_interfaces = all
local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
mailbox_command = /usr/local/courier/bin/maildrop -w 90 -d ${USER}
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
message_size_limit = 5072000
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain
mydomain = ramayana.co.id
myhostname = webmail.ramayana.co.id
mynetworks = 192.168.2.2/32, 127.0.0.0/8, 17
mynetworks_style = host
myorigin = $myhostname
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
notify_classes = resource,software,policy,delay
proxy_interfaces = 202.46.149.150
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = no
recipient_delimiter = +
relay_domains = xxx.ramayana.co.id
sample_directory = /etc/postfix
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = postdrop
show_user_unknown_table_name = no
smtp_never_send_ehlo = yes
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP
smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 100
smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions = $mynetworks, 202.46.149.146/32,
202.46.149.147/32
smtpd_delay_reject = no
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_peername_lookup = no
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated,
permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination, reject_unauth_pipelining,
reject_sender_login_mismatch
smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = yes
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = no
smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpmail/cacert.pem
smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpmail/smtpd.crt
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/ssl/smtpmail/smtpd.key
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_security_level = may
soft_bounce = no
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-alternate

thx

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: queue file size limit exceeded

Magnus Bäck
On Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 06:28 CEST,
     kemas henry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> what is "queue file size limit exceeded" error means?
>    Jul  1 08:58:02 webmail postfix/smtpd[20392]: warning: 98F9AE0088:
> queue file size limit exceeded
> I see it several time in my logs, is it something that should be
> worried about ?

It's probably because some client has attempted to send a message that
exceeds $message_size_limit.

[...]

> append_at_myorigin = no

This is not supported. Set it back to the default value.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#append_at_myorigin

[...]

--
Magnus Bäck
[hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: queue file size limit exceeded

kemas henry
Magnus Bäck wrote:

> On Tuesday, July 01, 2008 at 06:28 CEST,
>      kemas henry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  
>> what is "queue file size limit exceeded" error means?
>>    Jul  1 08:58:02 webmail postfix/smtpd[20392]: warning: 98F9AE0088:
>> queue file size limit exceeded
>> I see it several time in my logs, is it something that should be
>> worried about ?
>>    
>
> It's probably because some client has attempted to send a message that
> exceeds $message_size_limit.
>
> [...]
>
>  

so no need to worry about, right?

>> append_at_myorigin = no
>>    
>
> This is not supported. Set it back to the default value.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#append_at_myorigin
>
> [...]
>
>  

correction applied

thx

--