"Matching connector" error on edge transport server when sending mail from postfix to exchange

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"Matching connector" error on edge transport server when sending mail from postfix to exchange

ipconfig
Hi all,

I know this isn't a microsoft exchange forum, but I was hoping maybe someone
could help me eliminate any potential configuration problems with postfix
IRT the error I'm seeing on my exchange transport server.

Disclaimer: I'm a complete noob with postfix. And pretty noobish at
Exchange.

Ok, here it is:
I have a postfix server relaying email between two domains. Both domains are
using exchange 2019. Default receive connectors in both domains are set up
to use mutual auth TLS and exchange server authentication, with the
"exchange servers, legacy exchange servers, and exchange users" permissions
groups.

TLS is working and emails are forwarding to the right locations, both from
accounts on the postfix server itself and domain to domain. Also, email is
working fine from domains to accounts on postfix server. No errors seen in
the maillog on the postfix server, getting a trusted TLS connection to each
edge transport server and getting a "mail queued for delivery" response from
the edge transport servers when I send mail.

The problem is, emails to the domains are sitting in the edge transport
server queue with the error "A matching connector cannot be found to route
the external recipient." Message source name is "Default internal receive
connector."

I have a valid send connector configured, the postfix server, and as
mentioned emails are sending to accounts on that server fine.

Does anyone know what can cause this? Is it an authentication problem? Are
there any commands I can run on the postfix side to help troubleshoot this?

Thanks, and sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.



--
Sent from: http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Postfix-Users-f2.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "Matching connector" error on edge transport server when sending mail from postfix to exchange

Wietse Venema
ipconfig:

> Hi all,
>
> I know this isn't a microsoft exchange forum, but I was hoping maybe someone
> could help me eliminate any potential configuration problems with postfix
> IRT the error I'm seeing on my exchange transport server.
>
> Disclaimer: I'm a complete noob with postfix. And pretty noobish at
> Exchange.
>
> Ok, here it is:
> I have a postfix server relaying email between two domains. Both domains are
> using exchange 2019. Default receive connectors in both domains are set up
> to use mutual auth TLS and exchange server authentication, with the
> "exchange servers, legacy exchange servers, and exchange users" permissions
> groups.
>
> TLS is working and emails are forwarding to the right locations, both from
> accounts on the postfix server itself and domain to domain. Also, email is
> working fine from domains to accounts on postfix server. No errors seen in
> the maillog on the postfix server, getting a trusted TLS connection to each
> edge transport server and getting a "mail queued for delivery" response from
> the edge transport servers when I send mail.
>
> The problem is, emails to the domains are sitting in the edge transport
> server queue with the error "A matching connector cannot be found to route
> the external recipient." Message source name is "Default internal receive
> connector."

There are 2.6 million web search results for this error message. I
suggest that you look there.

The non-Postfix mail server can't figure where to send mail for
some recipient(s). It never even tries to connect to Postfix,
otherwise the error message would be different.

> I have a valid send connector configured, the postfix server, and as
> mentioned emails are sending to accounts on that server fine.
>
> Does anyone know what can cause this? Is it an authentication problem? Are
> there any commands I can run on the postfix side to help troubleshoot this?

That would be pointless as the never even tries to connect to Postfix,
because it doesn't know where to deliver the recipient.

        Wietse
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "Matching connector" error on edge transport server when sending mail from postfix to exchange

ipconfig
I actually did google it, and since they all basically say "configure a send
connector" I came here, since I am dealing with both postfix and exchange
and have a working send connector configured.

I guess I should have explained it better, but the traffic I'm talking about
is, for example, from a user acct on the postfix server to an acct on the
domain, postfix sends it to the proper edge transport server and then that
server reports the error message, which doesn't make sense to me since the
server does know where to send it.

Didn't know if there was anything I could do from postfix side but sounds
like no. Thanks for your response.



--
Sent from: http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Postfix-Users-f2.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "Matching connector" error on edge transport server when sending mail from postfix to exchange

Wietse Venema
ipconfig:
> is, for example, from a user acct on the postfix server to an acct on the
> domain, postfix sends it to the proper edge transport server

Should Postfix send this recipient to this edge server? If it should,
then the error is not with Postfix.

> and then that
> server reports the error message, which doesn't make sense to me since the
> server does know where to send it.

The error message says that the server does not know where to send it.

        Wietse