"Official" RPM spec files...

Robert Nickel
I've found the rpm repository at http://postfix.wl0.org/en/ and was wondering
if this is the "official" location for non-distribution maintained rpms.

It looks good and I'm working my way through the spec file right now.

Trusting but verifying.  :-)

Thanks.
Robert Nickel

Re: "Official" RPM spec files...

Patrick Ben Koetter
* Robert Nickel <[hidden email]>:
> I've found the rpm repository at http://postfix.wl0.org/en/ and was wondering
> if this is the "official" location for non-distribution maintained rpms.

Yes, Simons RPMs are the official non-distribution maintained RPMs.

p@rick

--
The Book of Postfix
<http://www.postfix-book.com>
saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):

Re: "Official" RPM spec files...

Robert Nickel wrote:
> I've found the rpm repository at http://postfix.wl0.org/en/ and was wondering
> if this is the "official" location for non-distribution maintained rpms.

I understand from the quotes that you know it's not really official.

> It looks good

it is good!

> and I'm working my way through the spec file right now.

make sure to enable what you need and disable what you don't.

> Trusting but verifying.  :-)
>
> Thanks.

Re: "Official" RPM spec files...

Simon J Mudd
[hidden email] (Robert Nickel) writes:

> I've found the rpm repository at http://postfix.wl0.org/en/ and was wondering
> if this is the "official" location for non-distribution maintained rpms.

My site is NOT really an official rpm site.  Wietse's never sanctioned
it as such. That's fair enough. It's just I've been building postfix
rpms with help from others on the postfix-users list when postfix was
called vmailer.

If you want postfix rpms my recommendation is to try and use those
provided by your rpm vendor.

If their rpms are not new enough or don't provide the options you need
then please try my rpms and let me know of things that need fixing or
improving.

I have a lot less time which I can dedicate to my site now but please
contact me if you feel something needs addressing.

Simon