Quantcast

recipient bcc maps

Jeff-282
I have recipient_bcc_maps set up and configured correctly on a per-user
basis:
[hidden email] [hidden email]

How would I do this for an entire domain? Would it be:
*@domain.tld [hidden email]

Or would it be
@domain.tld [hidden email]

Thanks!

Re: recipient bcc maps

Noel Jones-2

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_bcc_maps

Noel Jones

Re: recipient bcc maps

Jeff-282
> Jeff wrote:
>> I have recipient_bcc_maps set up and configured correctly on a per-user
>> basis:
>> [hidden email] [hidden email]
>>
>> How would I do this for an entire domain? Would it be:
>> *@domain.tld [hidden email]
>>
>> Or would it be
>> @domain.tld [hidden email]
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_bcc_maps

I'm unclear on that (multiple original recipients, or multiple destination
bcc's?). Does it mean that multiples can only be handled by using
always_bcc then?

Re: recipient bcc maps

Noel Jones-2
Jeff wrote:

>> Jeff wrote:
>>> I have recipient_bcc_maps set up and configured correctly on a per-user
>>> basis:
>>> [hidden email] [hidden email]
>>>
>>> How would I do this for an entire domain? Would it be:
>>> *@domain.tld [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Or would it be
>>> @domain.tld [hidden email]
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_bcc_maps
>>

> I'm unclear on that (multiple original recipients, or multiple destination
> bcc's?). Does it mean that multiples can only be handled by using
> always_bcc then?

There can only be one Bcc destination recipient for each
original recipient.

It's OK for the map to return a different single Bcc
destination for different original recipients.

More specifically, the map lookup key is always one single
original recipient address.  The map lookup result must be no
more than one bcc destination address, but it doesn't have to
always be the same destination address.

Noel Jones

Re: recipient bcc maps

Adam Tauno Williams-4
On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 12:11 -0400, Jeff wrote:

> > Jeff wrote:
> >> I have recipient_bcc_maps set up and configured correctly on a per-user
> >> basis:
> >> [hidden email] [hidden email]
> >> How would I do this for an entire domain? Would it be:
> >> *@domain.tld [hidden email]
> >> Or would it be
> >> @domain.tld [hidden email]
> > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_bcc_maps
> I'm unclear on that (multiple original recipients,

You aren't alone. :)  I've spent a fair amount of time trying to get
this too work.

> or multiple destination
> bcc's?). Does it mean that multiples can only be handled by using
> always_bcc then?

You can do it like,

[root@kyack postfix]# postconf recipient_bcc_maps
recipient_bcc_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/recipient_bcc
[root@kyack postfix]# cat /etc/postfix/recipient_bcc
#/(.*)@([^@]*)/  bar+$1=$[hidden email]
#/(.)/ bar+$[hidden email]
/(.+)@(.+)/ archive+$1+$[hidden email]

If you use the complex rules and then want to put all that in one
place/folder you can use an SMTP generic rule to rewrite that address.
But you loose the envelope so it isn't very useful for real archiving,
it's just better than nothing.

<http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/postfix_archive.shtml> is informative,
but he's just stuffing the messages into an mbox which perhaps makes a
difference.

Re: recipient bcc maps

mouss-2
Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

>>> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_bcc_maps
>> I'm unclear on that (multiple original recipients,
>
> You aren't alone. :)  I've spent a fair amount of time trying to get
> this too work.
>
>> or multiple destination
>> bcc's?). Does it mean that multiples can only be handled by using
>> always_bcc then?
>
> You can do it like,
>
> [root@kyack postfix]# postconf recipient_bcc_maps
> recipient_bcc_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/recipient_bcc
> [root@kyack postfix]# cat /etc/postfix/recipient_bcc
> #/(.*)@([^@]*)/  bar+$1=$[hidden email]
> #/(.)/ bar+$[hidden email]
> /(.+)@(.+)/ archive+$1+$[hidden email]
>
> If you use the complex rules and then want to put all that in one
> place/folder you can use an SMTP generic rule to rewrite that address.

you don't need generic. just use address extensions.