reject or discard outgoing mail ?

Frank Bonnet
Hello

I would like to reject or discard outgoing emails to some particuliar
addresses
I'm a bit confuse on what to use the more efficiently.

Some machines are infected by some email robots and I would like to block
those outgoing emails during the time we are searching
those infected machine to eradicate the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Re: reject or discard outgoing mail ?

Ralf Hildebrandt
* Frank Bonnet <[hidden email]>:
> Hello
>
> I would like to reject or discard outgoing emails to some particuliar
> addresses
> I'm a bit confuse on what to use the more efficiently.

I would DISCARD it.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
  [hidden email] | http://www.charite.de

On 11/08/2011 09:47 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Frank Bonnet<[hidden email]>:
>> Hello
>>
>> I would like to reject or discard outgoing emails to some particuliar
>> addresses
>> I'm a bit confuse on what to use the more efficiently.
> I would DISCARD it.

Yes I too but I am confuse on WHICH Postfix functionnality
to do so ? I would like to use a map because there are
several addresses.

thanks

It's all map driven in Postfix, isn't it? :)

On 11/08/2011 10:16 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> * Frank Bonnet<[hidden email]>:

>>> I would DISCARD it.
>>>
>> Yes I too but I am confuse on WHICH Postfix functionnality
>> to do so ? I would like to use a map because there are
>> several addresses.
> It's all map driven in Postfix, isn't it? :)

OK I found the solution :-)

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
    hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/banned,  ( add this map , it seems to
work :-) )
    reject_unauth_pipelining,
    permit_mynetworks,
    reject_unauth_destination,
    reject_unlisted_recipient,
    permit

in the map

[hidden email]  DISCARD

* Frank Bonnet <[hidden email]>:

> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>    hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/banned,  ( add this map , it seems to
> work :-) )
>    reject_unauth_pipelining,
>    permit_mynetworks,
>    reject_unauth_destination,
>    reject_unlisted_recipient,
>    permit

I think:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
   check_recipient_access hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/banned,

would be more explicit.

On 11/08/2011 10:39 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> * Frank Bonnet<[hidden email]>:
>
>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>>     hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/banned,  ( add this map , it seems to
>> work :-) )
>>     reject_unauth_pipelining,
>>     permit_mynetworks,
>>     reject_unauth_destination,
>>     reject_unlisted_recipient,
>>     permit
> I think:
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>     check_recipient_access hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/banned,
>
> would be more explicit.

Yes it works too