reject_sender_login_mismatch message

Angel L. Mateo
Hi,

        I have configured my postfix with the reject_sender_login_mismatch
option in the smtpd_sender_restrictions.

        With this configuration, when a ussage wants to send an email with an
unauthorized sender it gets a reject message like:

553 5.7.1 <[hidden email]>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user
<[hidden email]>.

        I would like to change this message for a local translation of it. Is
it possible? Is there any way to configure this error message?

        I'm trying to configure it using access tables and/or restriction
classes but I can't find the way to do it.

        Any help? Thanks.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática
Tfo: 868889150
Fax: 868888337

Re: reject_sender_login_mismatch message

Wietse Venema
?ngel L. Mateo:

> Hi,
>
> I have configured my postfix with the reject_sender_login_mismatch
> option in the smtpd_sender_restrictions.
>
> With this configuration, when a ussage wants to send an email with an
> unauthorized sender it gets a reject message like:
>
> 553 5.7.1 <[hidden email]>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user
> <[hidden email]>.
>
> I would like to change this message for a local translation of it. Is
> it possible? Is there any way to configure this error message?

There does not appear to be code to REPLACE the server's response,
but there is smtpd_reject_footer_maps which allows you to APPEND
your text without changing the original text.

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
    smtpd_reject_footer_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/smtpd_reject_footer

/etc/postfix/smtpd_reject_footer
    /^553 5.7.1 (<.+>): Sender address rejected: not owned by user (<.+>)\./
        text that contains $1 or $2, $$client_address, $$server_name, ...

        Wietse