relayhost exceptions for some hosts inside my domain ?

relayhost exceptions for some hosts inside my domain ?

Frank Bonnet
Hello

I have setup a relayhost for outgoing emails but I have problem
to instruct Posfix not to send to the relayhost when emails are
destinated to some hosts that are in my domain, but send them
directly to the concerned host ( Eg : the inhouse mailing-lists host )

I think I would use a transport map to do so, but I would like
some advices before changing the real mailhub configuration ;-)

The relayhost (MX) use a relay-recipients map to filter incoming
emails.

Thank you.

Re: relayhost exceptions for some hosts inside my domain ?

mouss-2
Frank Bonnet wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have setup a relayhost for outgoing emails but I have problem
> to instruct Posfix not to send to the relayhost when emails are
> destinated to some hosts that are in my domain, but send them
> directly to the concerned host ( Eg : the inhouse mailing-lists host )
>
> I think I would use a transport map to do so, but I would like
> some advices before changing the real mailhub configuration ;-)

transport_maps:

example.org    relay:[host.example.org]
.example.org   relay:[host.example.org]

you can use IPs instead (for example if the hosts are not referenced in
a dns server used by your relay).

mouss wrote:

> Frank Bonnet wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have setup a relayhost for outgoing emails but I have problem
>> to instruct Posfix not to send to the relayhost when emails are
>> destinated to some hosts that are in my domain, but send them
>> directly to the concerned host ( Eg : the inhouse mailing-lists host )
>>
>> I think I would use a transport map to do so, but I would like
>> some advices before changing the real mailhub configuration ;-)
>
> transport_maps:
>
> example.org    relay:[host.example.org]
> .example.org   relay:[host.example.org]
>

> you can use IPs instead (for example if the hosts are not referenced in
> a dns server used by your relay).

This works great , thanks a lot :-)