remove sender source IP

Tessa Plum
greetings

When acting as outgoing smtp server of Postfix, is there a configuration
to remove sender's source IP from the msg header? Just to keep privacy
better.

Thank you.
Tessa

Re: remove sender source IP

Viktor Dukhovni
> On Apr 2, 2020, at 2:45 AM, Tessa Plum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When acting as outgoing smtp server of Postfix, is there a configuration to remove sender's source IP from the msg header? Just to keep privacy better.

See the REPLACE action in the header_checks(5) manpage.  It is best to
lightly censor, rather than entirely remove the locally added "Received"
header.  Not adding one at all can make the message look more spammy.

Re: remove sender source IP

Tessa Plum
On 2020/4/2 2:49 下午, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> See the REPLACE action in the header_checks(5) manpage.  It is best to
> lightly censor, rather than entirely remove the locally added "Received"
> header.  Not adding one at all can make the message look more spammy.

thanks Viktor for quick response.

I will replace it to "127.0.0.1" to make it looks more normal.

regards.