restriction class vs number of recipients

restriction class vs number of recipients

Eddy Beliveau
Hi!

We are using postfix 2.5.1 and it works perfectly.  Thanks  :-)

I had been request to find a way to limit number of recipients for
students but not for regular staff...

I find the article "Postfix Restriction Classes"

I'm trying to find a way to define a class of users:
- restrictive : cannot send to more than 1 'rcpt' per email

I was thinking about the following solution
but this solution does not take care of number of recipients

----------
I can create a file /etc/postfix/maps/sender_access
[hidden email]  restrictive
[hidden email] restrictive

and define in main.cf
smtpd_restriction_classes = restrictive
restrictive = REJECT too many recipients

smtpd_sender_restrictions =
  ...cut...
  check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/maps/sender_access
---------

Any ideas/pointers about how i could reject email if sender is on a
restriction list (cannot send to more that one recipient per email)

perhaps by combining with header_checks

Thanks
Eddy

Re: restriction class vs number of recipients

Victor Duchovni
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 02:16:55PM -0400, eddy beliveau wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We are using postfix 2.5.1 and it works perfectly.  Thanks  :-)
>
> I had been request to find a way to limit number of recipients for
> students but not for regular staff...
>
> I find the article "Postfix Restriction Classes"
> http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html
>
> I'm trying to find a way to define a class of users:
> - restrictive : cannot send to more than 1 'rcpt' per email

This requires a policy service. Tightly limiting the recipient list size
of individual messages is generally counter-productive (and not terribly
effective). What often makes more sense is a time-based rate limit on
the number of recipients per hour (or other suitable time interval).