rewrite from: address

polloxx
Hi,

I want to rewrite the From: address for inbound mail from that
address. I use Address Rewriting: virtual_maps.
It works for To: addresses but not for From: addresses. What's wrong here?

Re: rewrite from: address

Noel Jones-2
On 2/21/2012 8:03 AM, polloxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to rewrite the From: address for inbound mail from that
> address. I use Address Rewriting: virtual_maps.
> It works for To: addresses but not for From: addresses. What's wrong here?

Sounds like what you want is canonical_maps.

http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#local_header_rewrite_clients

Re: rewrite from: address

polloxx
I also thought to use canonical_maps, but only Return-Path: is
changed, not the From:

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Noel Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/21/2012 8:03 AM, polloxx wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to rewrite the From: address for inbound mail from that
>> address. I use Address Rewriting: virtual_maps.
>> It works for To: addresses but not for From: addresses. What's wrong here?
>
> Sounds like what you want is canonical_maps.
>
> http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#local_header_rewrite_clients
>

>  -- Noel Jones

Re: rewrite from: address

Noel Jones-2
On 2/22/2012 6:49 AM, polloxx wrote:
> I also thought to use canonical_maps, but only Return-Path: is
> changed, not the From:

Please see
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#local_header_rewrite_clients

Re: rewrite from: address