rewrite outgoing from header .

Eero Volotinen-2
Hi,

How to rewrite outgoing from field when source address is from
192.168.10.0/24 ip address?

Eero

Re: rewrite outgoing from header .

angela vulpio
Hi,
in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?

Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after the "from" keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?

Eero

2011/3/1 aa <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
> in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?
>
> Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after the "from"
> keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?

Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.

I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender  is from our
internal lan 192.168.10.0/24

Eero

Re: rewrite outgoing from header .

/dev/rob0
On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:10:49AM +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:10:49 +0200
> From: Eero Volotinen <[hidden email]>
> To: aa <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: rewrite outgoing from header .
>
> 2011/3/1 aa <[hidden email]>:
> > in particular what's your problem ? can you say something more?
> >
> > Do you want to rewrite the private ip address that appears after
> > the "from" keyword of the Received header when you send a mail?
>
> Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.
>
> I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender  is from our
> internal lan 192.168.10.0/24

Possibly one of these:
    http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
    http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains

    http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
    http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
    http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html

After having tried something, if it fails, use this as a guide before
asking again:
    http://www./postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

Re: rewrite outgoing from header .

Victor Duchovni

Often best is: http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy

2011/3/1 Victor Duchovni <[hidden email]>:

> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 09:04:29AM -0600, /dev/rob0 wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 10:10:49AM +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>> > Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:10:49 +0200
>> > From: Eero Volotinen <[hidden email]>
>> > To: aa <[hidden email]>
>> > Cc: [hidden email]
>> > Subject: Re: rewrite outgoing from header .

>> > Sorry, a bit misunderstanding.
>> >
>> > I want to rewrite from <email@address> when sender  is from our
>> > internal lan 192.168.10.0/24
>>
>> Possibly one of these:
>>     http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
>>     http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains
>>
>>     http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
>>     http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
>>     http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html
>
> Often best is: http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy

Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.

ISP sends mail to [hidden email] and I want to deliver it to
exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
[hidden email]

How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.

Eero

Re: rewrite outgoing from header .

Daniel Bromberg
On 3/1/2011 12:41 PM, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.
>
> ISP sends mail to [hidden email] and I want to deliver it to
> exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
> [hidden email]
>
> How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.
>
> --
> Eero
Should go without saying that you need to post all relevant
configuration file excerpts from your latest effort for further help
(with redactions for privacy), and errors from the log if any, yes?

-Daniel

2011/3/1 Daniel Bromberg <[hidden email]>:

> On 3/1/2011 12:41 PM, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.
>>
>> ISP sends mail to [hidden email] and I want to deliver it to
>> exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.
>>
>> --
>> Eero
>
> Should go without saying that you need to post all relevant configuration
> file excerpts from your latest effort for further help (with redactions for
> privacy), and errors from the log if any, yes?

generic worked, thanks for help.

Eero

On 3/1/2011 11:41 AM, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> 2011/3/1 Victor Duchovni<[hidden email]>:

>>> Possibly one of these:
>>>      http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#masquerade
>>>      http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#masquerade_domains
>>>
>>>      http://www./postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#canonical
>>>      http://www./postfix.org/postconf.5.html#canonical_maps
>>>      http://www./postfix.org/canonical.5.html
>>
>> Often best is: http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy
>
> Sorry, but it didn't work as expected.
>
> ISP sends mail to [hidden email] and I want to deliver it to
> exchange account at 192.168.20.6 exchange server as
> [hidden email]
>
> How to do this? I tried canonical and transport maps, but no success.

Now that you've described the problem, it's easy to see that
the "Often best" Viktor mentioned is the solution you need.
http://www.postfix.org/SOHO_README.html#fantasy

   -- Noel Jones