right tool for creating an 'accurate' test email from an external domain?

right tool for creating an 'accurate' test email from an external domain?

PGNet Dev
I'm troubleshooting an annoyingly problematic single-sender's rejections.

With my usual simple monkeying with smtpd_mumble_restrictions, per-milter whitelisting, etc. I haven't yet found all the problems.

For testing, I'd *like* to 'accurately' spoof an email from sender's IP/helo/from/to -- without having my hands on a received email -- to (re)inject into my postfix et al chain.

Ideally, into the postscreen front-end. Or, at least, as early as possible ...

To date, I've really only ever made sure to _avoid_ spoofing, etc, and validated with real/legit senders.

What's the right tool/method for the job?  Specifically, for synthesizing a 'faux legit' email?

Re: right tool for creating an 'accurate' test email from an external domain?

Viktor Dukhovni

http://www.postfix.org/XCLIENT_README.html

On 10/20/20 7:41 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 07:22:24PM -0700, PGNet Dev wrote:
>
>> What's the right tool/method for the job?  Specifically, for
>> synthesizing a 'faux legit' email?
>
> http://www.postfix.org/XCLIENT_README.html

simple & does the trick.

perfect.