secondary MX Server

Günther J. Niederwimmer
Hello,

postfix 3.4.5

i mean i have a correct running postfix server. ;-)

Now I like to create a secondary postfix for my system.

What are the best to realize, have this two servers in sync?

I have enable postscreen, all I found on Internet, is to have installed
memcache is this correct?

But what can / must I sync?

Thanks for a answer,
--
mit freundliche Grüßen / best regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer

Re: secondary MX Server

Viktor Dukhovni

> On Jun 6, 2019, at 6:48 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Now I like to create a secondary postfix for my system.
>
> What are the best to realize, have this two servers in sync?
>
> I have enable postscreen, all I found on Internet, is to have installed
> memcache is this correct?
>
> But what can / must I sync?

On relay servers that don't store mailboxes, you don't really
need to sync anything.  Just let them work in parallel.  Postfix
is not a mailstore, and synchronizing mailstores is the job of
Dovecot and the like...

Re: secondary MX Server

Durga Prasad Malyala

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019, 08:05 Viktor Dukhovni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2019, at 6:48 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Now I like to create a secondary postfix for my system.
>
> What are the best to realize, have this two servers in sync?
>
> I have enable postscreen, all I found on Internet, is to have installed
> memcache is this correct?
>
> But what can / must I sync?

On relay servers that don't store mailboxes, you don't really
need to sync anything.  Just let them work in parallel.  Postfix
is not a mailstore, and synchronizing mailstores is the job of
Dovecot and the like...
--
        Viktor

Pls see this

Re: secondary MX Server

Günther J. Niederwimmer
Am Freitag, 7. Juni 2019, 04:21:49 CEST schrieb Viktor Dukhovni:

> > On Jun 6, 2019, at 6:48 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Now I like to create a secondary postfix for my system.
> >
> > What are the best to realize, have this two servers in sync?
> >
> > I have enable postscreen, all I found on Internet, is to have installed
> > memcache is this correct?
> >
> > But what can / must I sync?
>
> On relay servers that don't store mailboxes, you don't really
> need to sync anything.  Just let them work in parallel.  Postfix
> is not a mailstore, and synchronizing mailstores is the job of
> Dovecot and the like...

The second MX shout have also dovecot and all the Mails that is clear?

Am Freitag, 7. Juni 2019, 05:10:09 CEST schrieb Durga Prasad Malyala:

> On Fri, Jun 7, 2019, 08:05 Viktor Dukhovni <[hidden email]>
>
> wrote:
> > > On Jun 6, 2019, at 6:48 AM, Günther J. Niederwimmer <[hidden email]>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Now I like to create a secondary postfix for my system.
> > >
> > > What are the best to realize, have this two servers in sync?
> > >
> > > I have enable postscreen, all I found on Internet, is to have installed
> > > memcache is this correct?
> > >
> > > But what can / must I sync?
> >
> > On relay servers that don't store mailboxes, you don't really
> > need to sync anything.  Just let them work in parallel.  Postfix
> > is not a mailstore, and synchronizing mailstores is the job of
> > Dovecot and the like...
> > --
> >
> >         Viktor
>
> Pls see this
> https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/mailing.postfix.users/hUlPvJaRJI4

Thank's for the Link but this have I found ;-)
--
mit freundliche Grüßen / best regards,

  Günther J. Niederwimmer

Re: secondary MX Server

Matus UHLAR - fantomas

On 07.06.19 12:24, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
>The second MX shout have also dovecot and all the Mails that is clear?

this is oustide of postfix's scope. if you need two separate mail storages,
with data synchronization between them, you need to do it on another level,
not on postfix level.

"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler

Re: secondary MX Server

G?nther J. Niederwimmer:
> The second MX shout have also dovecot and all the Mails that is clear?

No. Secondary MXes forward email to primary MXes.

If you want something else, don't call it secondary MX. That
term already has common usage.

RFC 5321

   A relay SMTP server is usually the target of a DNS MX record that
   designates it, rather than the final delivery system.  The relay
   server may accept or reject the task of relaying the mail in the same
   way it accepts or rejects mail for a local user.  If it accepts the
   task, it then becomes an SMTP client, establishes a transmission
   channel to the next SMTP server specified in the DNS (according to
   the rules in Section 5), and sends it the mail.

        Wietse