server configuration error with non-ASCII records in passwd

server configuration error with non-ASCII records in passwd

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
Hello,

I have upgraded debian 8 (postfix 2.11) to debian 9 (postfix 3.1) on a
mailserver.

Now, whenever user who has utf-8 character in /etc/passwd as part of their
username, has to receive mail, postfix outputs:

451 4.3.5 Server configuration error

there are many users who have utf-8 characters in their fullnames there.

changing smtputf8_autodetect_classes to all didn't seem to help.

What to configure (and how) to avoid this error?

I have LANG variable set to "C" because  other values tend do change sorting
etc.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

FIXED: server configuration error with non-ASCII records in passwd

Matus UHLAR - fantomas

On 22.08.19 09:47, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>I have upgraded debian 8 (postfix 2.11) to debian 9 (postfix 3.1) on a
>mailserver.
>
>Now, whenever user who has utf-8 character in /etc/passwd as part of their
>username, has to receive mail, postfix outputs:
>
>451 4.3.5 Server configuration error
>
>there are many users who have utf-8 characters in their fullnames there.

now I noticed the error in logs:

Aug 22 09:45:53 mail postfix/smtpd[6026]: warning: proxy:unix:passwd.byname: key "xxx": non-UTF-8 value "xxx:*": malformed UTF-8 or invalid codepoint

turns out they were not utf-8, the vim editor converted them.
sorry for the noise.

LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors