shared lib for Berkeley-DB table types

Michael Ströder
HI!

Is it possible to compile postfix without support for tables based on
Berkeley's libdb statically linked in? Just like building lmdb support
into shared lib
/usr/lib/postfix/postfix-lmdb.so.

I read through README_FILES/DB_README but did not find advice similar to
that using AUXLIBS_LMDB (as described in README_FILES/LMDB_README).

The final goal is to hunk out libdb dependency from base postfix package
but keep a postfix-bdb package for backward compability during a
transition period.

Ciao, Michael.

Re: shared lib for Berkeley-DB table types

Wietse Venema
Michael Str?der:
> HI!
>
> Is it possible to compile postfix without support for tables based on
> Berkeley's libdb statically linked in? Just like building lmdb support
> into shared lib
> /usr/lib/postfix/postfix-lmdb.so.

To enable/disable build options:

    $ make makefiles CCARGS="-DNO_DB" ...

Details in http://www.postfix.org/makedefs.1.html

        Wietse

On 12/10/20 6:55 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Michael Str?der:
>> Is it possible to compile postfix without support for tables based on
>> Berkeley's libdb statically linked in? Just like building lmdb support
>> into shared lib
>> /usr/lib/postfix/postfix-lmdb.so.
>
> To enable/disable build options:
>
>     $ make makefiles CCARGS="-DNO_DB" ...

Yes, I already saw that. Maybe my wording was not clear enough.

I'd like to build *with* hash and btree tables support. But instead of
linking libdb into "main" postfix binaries I'd like to get a separate
shared lib like

/usr/lib/postfix/postfix-db.so

or similar which I'd like to put into a optionally installable
supplemental RPM.

Ciao, Michael.