showing an recipient that doesn't receive the mail

showing an recipient that doesn't receive the mail

Nils
Hi,

     when composing an email, can I assign the header value "To" in a
way that it is shown by the email client but ignored by postfix?

     I've created a php-cronjob for a customer, that fetches mails from
an imap box (mta is postfix), recomposes them and forwards them to a
list of recipients. Mostly like a mailing list would do. Now the
customer doesn't want the final recipients to see their own addresses in
the to-field. Instead he wants the from- and the to-field of the mail to
seem unchanged. How can I do that without looping?

Is this even possible without touching the postfix configuration? If
not, how would I configure postfix to make this possible?

Kind regards, Nils

Re: showing an recipient that doesn't receive the mail

Noel Jones-2
On 8/28/2017 11:04 AM, Nils wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     when composing an email, can I assign the header value "To" in a
> way that it is shown by the email client but ignored by postfix?
>
>     I've created a php-cronjob for a customer, that fetches mails
> from an imap box (mta is postfix), recomposes them and forwards them
> to a list of recipients. Mostly like a mailing list would do. Now
> the customer doesn't want the final recipients to see their own
> addresses in the to-field. Instead he wants the from- and the
> to-field of the mail to seem unchanged. How can I do that without
> looping?
>
> Is this even possible without touching the postfix configuration? If
> not, how would I configure postfix to make this possible?
>
> Kind regards, Nils

Postfix makes delivery decisions based on the envelope recipients,
never based on the To: or From: headers.  So you can put whatever
you please in the To: header.

Re: showing an recipient that doesn't receive the mail

fafaforza
An MTA only looks at the envelope To for routing.  You can put anything
you want in the message To header, so you could rewrite it any way you
need to.

On 8/28/2017 12:04 PM, Nils wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     when composing an email, can I assign the header value "To" in a
> way that it is shown by the email client but ignored by postfix?
>
>     I've created a php-cronjob for a customer, that fetches mails from
> an imap box (mta is postfix), recomposes them and forwards them to a
> list of recipients. Mostly like a mailing list would do. Now the
> customer doesn't want the final recipients to see their own addresses
> in the to-field. Instead he wants the from- and the to-field of the
> mail to seem unchanged. How can I do that without looping?
>
> Is this even possible without touching the postfix configuration? If
> not, how would I configure postfix to make this possible?
>
> Kind regards, Nils

Re: showing an recipient that doesn't receive the mail

Nils
Thank you all. It's working fine. Kind regards.

--

18 Jahre - ganz einfach

Scheltwort IT-Services KG
Motzstr. 1
D-34117 Kassel
Handelsregister: HRA 9854, Amtsgericht Kassel

Komplementär: Gerd Scheltwort

Tel. +49.561.789479-0
Fax +49.561.789479-99
E-Mail [hidden email]