sieve sending vacation message from vmail@ns1.domain.tld

chongma
I have a server running centos-release-7-2.1511.el7.centos.2.10.x86_64
with postfix version postfix-2.10.1-6.el7.x86_64 and dovecot version
2.2.10.  I am also using roundcube for webmail.  when a vacation filter
(reply with message) is created in roundcube it adds a rule to
managesieve.sieve in the user's mailbox.  everything works fine except
the reply comes from [hidden email] instead of [hidden email].
ns1.domain.tld is the fully qualified name of the server.

it used to work fine on my old CentOS 6 server so I am not sure what has
changed.  Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can configure
this behaviour?

I read somewhere it might have something to do with a line in master.cf
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${recipient}

i changed it to
flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda -f
${sender} -d ${user}@${nexthop} -a ${original_recipient}

but it made no difference

Re: sieve sending vacation message from vmail@ns1.domain.tld

Wietse Venema
Matthew Broadhead:

[vaction messages sent by DOVECOT have vmail as the sender]

> I read somewhere it might have something to do with a line in master.cf
> dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
> flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${recipient}

Maybe a question for the Dovecot list? After all the message is sent
by DOVECOT.

Re: sieve sending vacation message from vmail@ns1.domain.tld

Bill Shirley
I use dovecot-lda for delivery where the parms are:
-d ${user}@${domain} -a {recipient} -f ${sender} -m ${extension}

Perhaps they may work for /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver

[0:root@elmo webmaster]$ rpm -q dovecot
dovecot-2.2.22-1.fc22.x86_64

Bill

On 10/12/2016 10:56 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Matthew Broadhead:

[vaction messages sent by DOVECOT have vmail as the sender]

I read somewhere it might have something to do with a line in master.cf
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d ${recipient}
Maybe a question for the Dovecot list? After all the message is sent
by DOVECOT.

	Wietse